Monday, August 22, 2022

Finally Finished!!

No sillies, not the Mary Comstock rug nor the Deer and and Blue House.  We (I) have a tendency to forget just how long a rug is in limbo and not considered finished until it is bound.  For me, the final finish is binding of Cottage and Apple Tree, an antique adaptation.  
Okay, okay, some say it isn't quite finished until the final steaming.  That hasn't been done yet but will be tomorrow.  Yet I wanted to show you the rug so am calling it finished.  This was a fun rug, was hooked with #8 in the cottage, #8.5 in many places and more narrow strips where needed for apples, outlines, etc.  It is drawn 22 x 30 but would draw whatever size someone wants.

Not sure if you've followed along on this rug journey, but am just again perusing and admiring my rug and still amazed at how the 'ugly wool' made that tree to the left so delightful and similar to the antique.  If you'd like to revisit that journey check it HERE.

Whew, so no rugs in the 'to bind' pile.  That's the pile I hate to increase.  However,  there's still the you know....the pile with the fun rug and the not so fun rug to hook.  

Happy hooking, knitting, quilting, stitching or whatever my readers are doing to keep themselves busy and reading my blog.  OH!!!!  I forgot my "reader" readers...you know who you are!  And don't give me a lot of guff in your comment 😘, yet I know you will.

Saundra





9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful rug. You hooking is wonderful as always.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hell, woman. You put the rest of us to shame!!!
    That rug looks old, old, old. Good job ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guff? Me? Heck no. Crow feathers can let things roll off their feathers as well as any stupid duck. Anyway, the rug turned out wonderfully. I still have my little Jack's Crow mat to bind...not sure what sidetracked me there...and yeah, yeah, The Beast. Gulp. (Now don't give ME any Guff...) I've been just too busy building that pyre upon which I plan to burn several stitching, hooking, and other projects that have some serious "issues." And The Beast just may be tossed on top for good measure although I already have plenty of fodder. No books though. I finish them. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow) (That ugly wool tree is the absolute best!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out splendidly old looking! Just love it- the house especially as focal and the dashes of blue.. wow! Talent! Once upon a time I was going to do that bed rug. I think I’ll take a pass 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rug turned out wonderfully amazing and I don't even what you mean by "guff".
    All I know is "gruff" like in Three Billy Goat Gruff, lol...
    What ever, you should be pleases as peacock for how it turned out.
    Got to go make Corn Relish for sale.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny reading everyones comments ....Lauren & Robin are too funny !!! Love this rug !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No guff from me. Love the colors in this one...even the ugly one for the tree you chose. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rug does have an old look about it. I think it is those lovely wool trees that I love best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, Saundra! This is really beautiful! I haven't tried my hand at really primitive patterns, but I do have a pattern I bought years ago called "Barre Primitive" drawn by Joan Moshimer. I started it but really didn't know much about replicating antique rugs. You are inspiring me to try again! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.