Tuesday, March 7, 2023

FLORA INSIDE and OUTSIDE

Here is the fauna inside my home, The Forever Floral is now completely finished so that journey has ended.  Now I've a clean slate with none left to bind, one left to finish hooking and the prospect of something new to hook in my future.
Not sure if I mentioned this in previous posts but my inspiration for drawing this was Theresa Rapstein's (right) adaptation of a rug she hooked.  Theresa's adaptation is of the Gloucester Floral hooked 1850-1874 located at the Beaufort Sleeper McCain House Gloucester, MA.
I was blown away by the antique look and wanted to challenge myself to design a rug ~ smaller but trying to replicate an antique look.  Of course mine doesn't even compare to the fine work she did but it was fun up until it wasn't, lol.  That's when I re-named it "The Forever Floral" since  it seemed to take me forever to finish it.

Julia (Of Petals and Wool) asked me a few days ago to take some photos of what's growing in the yard.  When I went to hang out the bird feeder I noticed those ground growing pink bleeding hearts and no visible stem in sight.  On either side are the start of daylilies.
Daffodils and periwinkle (vinca minor) in bloom.
More Daffodils plus lots of leaves.
Even more daffodils....
And a big assortment of day lilies and tiger lilies.
Those were just from the side yards, no pics of the back or of the forsythia which also have blooms.  Going to be a high of 50 tomorrow with high winds which will make it feel colder.  But hey, it is better than snow baby!!

Happy hooking and saying prayers for my friends.

Saundra




6 comments:

  1. You and Lauren have much warmer climate than us. I'm bit envious that you have no snow and spring flowers and trees are already blooming. Thanks for the flowers.

    You both have been so disciplined with finishing your rugs. I really like that floral rug you made and the big antique rug too. It must have taken Theresa a long time to finish that enormous rug.

    Snow has been melting here but it's quickly replaced by fresh snow. Only 13 days to spring. Surely it won't snow too much now. I have no idea how California is coping with all the snow they got. Here, we are used to it.

    Thanks for the link. I'll try to put a link on your blog next time I post to see if I can do it. I used to put links on people's blogs, no problem but lately, it would not recognize the link.

    Take care, Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finished floral mat,,,, love!!
    Gosh,, u have english weather, with sll spring flowers out!
    Still cold winds here and snow to melt,,, m
    Elaine🏡🏡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely rug lucky you finished binding. Yes all that is in our yard is snow but when you step out you can hear it melting the best sound in spring
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a hooking/binding machine!!!
    Isn't it fun to peruse the yard and see what is popping out of the ground?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an amazing antique rug! I still like yours too though. We have no flowers popping up yet and more snow is expected Friday. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Forever Floral came out beautiful !!! So what's next on your frame ???
    I can't believe all the wonderful flowers and plants you have growing !!! It has been cold & so windy here . Now they are predicting we could have a Nor'Easter next Monday into Tuesday ...UGH !!!! We still have patches of snow in our yard !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.