Saturday, March 11, 2023

WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT ?

Oh but I've lots of stuff I could chat about but I'll exhibit a little restraint.  Would you believe I just might need to order another bolt of linen soon?   I don't want to wait until I'm really needy like last time when there was at least a month's backorder wait list.  And then when it arrived noticed a big increase in price.

Today I received a pattern order for an E.S. Frost rug with Birds and Flowers (my version is below).  I confirmed and re-confirmed her order so that bolt is slowly dwindling away.
I've cut and serged the linen for the Frost rug and will draw it out tomorrow after breakfast.  So finishing up STARS will be delayed as well as beginning the new one.  At least there isn't a pile of wool on the drawing table this time, I've been too busy drawing for the table to get piled up.

A pot of vegetable soup is simmering on the stove and the wonderful aroma is permeating the house.  Am sure it will still be lingering when I awake in the morning. 

Don't forget to set you clocks forward before you go to bed tonight.  So my birds will just be delayed an hour tomorrow.  Would you believe that when I put out the feeder at 7:30 a.m. by noon it is empty!#?!  The feeder has 6 feeding sections and think every bird in the area knows this is a welfare location.  As previously mentioned I use to have 2 feeders out and the birds went thru 40 pounds of sunflower seeds in 2 weeks.   

No more,  just one feeder now until the birds decide to fly elsewhere for their welfare $eeds.  OH, AND... I do not want to pay for someone else's college education unless it is my grandson's!!!!  

Me thinks it is time for me to stir some soup instead of my blood pressure, lol.  
     
Happy hooking.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. The E.S. Frost rug is a real beauty ~ great choice for your customer. I don't know how much longer I can afford to feed the birds. It would seem I should spend the money on food for us. Now the hummingbirds are on the way, and I am remembering all the work and cost of feeding them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup sounds good,,, a winter day here agajn,,, with march being fickle,,,,,, more snow this coming week,,,,
    You are keeping busy,,,
    Elaine😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve always wanted to hook that pattern! Very nice! I currently have a quiche in the oven but now I’m craving your soup! I hear more songbirds but they’ve not been at my feeder.
    Thank you for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you're keeping busy with drawing patterns. Just how many yards long are there on a bolt of linen backing? I know there are 15 yards long on a bolt of wool but I never bought a bolt of linen backing, I've just been buying 2 yards at a time.

    That's a lovely rug. I've got my next rug pattern drawn on backing but haven't started organizing my wool yet. It's been so nice and sunny and I had my brother visiting over this weekend. 8 days to official spring.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bolt of linen must weight a lot too !!!
    ES Frost looks like a big beautiful rug ! I am afraid to do anything too big ....for now anyways !
    Enjoy your soup !!! Yummmy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just think of how much wool you can buy at your classes this fall with all the patterns you are selling!
    Just know that Caroline is wonderful about using your wool and she never pushes her wool!!! So take lots ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a busy woman great pattern. I am about to make a small beef stew. We do not have as many birds this winter not sure why maybe the neighbors are feeding better
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL on the birds getting their welfare allotment. Veggie soup sounds good. I can smell it form here. Do like this sheep rug, but I need to finish both the one I drew and the one you drew up for me. Plugging away at both lately now. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited about getting this rug. I'm sure its at home waiting for me but I had a family emergency in Ohio, so it will have to wait. I'm also excited about finding you. And I really did search! We have a lot in common. My husband and I also feed the freeloading birds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.