Wednesday, March 1, 2023

IT'S OFFICIALLY METEOROLOGICAL SPRING

Yup, there are buds on numerous trees in the yard, the forsythia bushes and most of the daffodils have full blooms on them.  The down side is that soon the grass will need to be cut.  If you'd like to know the difference between meteorological and astronomical spring you can find out HERE.

The other day Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) asked if I'd decided on my 'plus one' rug to work on.  My reply to her was that the 'stars' rug was still fun to hook and didn't feel the need to get away from it.  But as soon as I started complaining of 'stars wars' I'd soon be drawing another to work on the side.    

Here's my lackluster accomplishments so far but loops pulled nonetheless.  It is a smallish 17 x 30 so had hoped to achieve more on it.  Oh well, it is still here to work on at my leisure and rug hooking should be enjoyed, right?  Not fast, but fun.
Tomorrow is going to be another wonderful day with temps in the 60's.  I worked in the yard for a while today raking up those dreaded gum balls and tidying up the driveway entrance.  But much more needs to be done to get ready for the real work yet to come.  Mind you, not the hard work friend Julia (Of Petals and Wool) will tackle and I have no plans to even try to compete with her. 

Have a great evening and happy hooking.

Saundra


   

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're having fun with that starry rug. I love that wool in the background in the centre. It looks like a tweed. Your points are always so precise. It's looking great.

    We still have a ton of snow and spring seem far away. I can't believe how advanced your spring is. You'll be way ahead of me. I just don't seem to have any energy left so my yard work might suffer this spring unless I get a boost of energy. lol...

    I planted some Impatient flower seeds yesterday for a start but I'm not even excited about it. I'm anxious for warmer temperatures but not about all the work
    that spring brings.
    Take care and enjoy the beauty of spring flowers.

    Hugs,
    Julia





    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stars. Yes enjoy it 😁 And spring eh? It snowed here this morning. πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the outline on the blue ones you did! I actually sell gum balls at the store for my prim lovers. No Spring here yet. More snow on tap tomorrow. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like julia,,, cant believe spring is there, ,,,
    Love ur stars,,,,
    elaine😊😊🏑

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I sit here there is yet more snow falling. we had about 6 inches on Sunday, Tuesday about 8 plus inches, today "a quick 4 inches" to quote the weather guy and Friday night into most of Sat another 12 inches. Winter is not going quietly here. It is beautiful and if I did not have to go to work it would be fine. But off I go to work. Next winter i will look at differently.
    love your star rug your stars have perfect points I would expect no less.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still Winter here too ....6" of snow on Tuesday , it is melting away today & it's raining ...then Friday night into Saturday another 4-8" possible followed by ice & rain ...just a mess ! Can't wait to see things growing !!!
    Love your rug and the colors you are using !!! Enjoy the nice weather !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lackluster? I think not! You are almost half done so you'd better planning the next project.
    So happy I do not have a sweet gum tree!!! Two people in my neighborhood were out mowing yesterday. I could never keep up with Julia, either. She is a spitfire for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not even a whisper of spring here - neither astronomical nor meteorological. But it didn't snow today so I will take it one day at a time. Great progress on the stars. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.