Friday, March 3, 2023

RUG SHOW

Have found a few new ones since my last rug show but not as plentiful a find as has been in the past.  But I'll take what I can get.  Although I must admit there are those antique rugs up for auction which don't float my boat so don't save them.

It's bunny season so Janice (Prims by the Water) should enjoy a couple of these rugs.  First up is this rug with two bunnies in a diamond, this is the front.  It measures 20 x 35.
A view of the back for the cleaner true colors.
And then there were 3 ~ Bunnies that is.  Said to be hooked early 20th century it is hooked with cotton and knits on burlap.  It measures 20 x 38.
This is a close up of the textiles used.
As I've daffodils blooming in my yard and the daylilies popping out of the ground, thought I'd show you a tulip rug which  measures 23 x 39.
For the true colors and repairs here is the back.  Notice how it was hooked all the way to the edge with the foundation turned and hooking thru more than one layer.
This whaling rug was found the same day as the other previously shown but wanted to post them different times.  Don't have a date but it measures 29 x 34.
Sorry to show this snowy landscape when so many of you are getting bombarded with that white stuff.  Wonder if I should post it in July or August so it would trick us into feeling cooler 😀?  Dimensions of this are 24 x 35.
I love the colors of this 64" round floral.  Almost reminds me of a dissected tree showing the age lines of growth.
Is the date on this horse rug 1911 or 1917 (center bottom)?  Whichever, it is nice, hmmmm, very nice.
Guess to please most everyone else I need a cat and a dog rug.  I'm not a cat aficionado but am guessing these are Maine Coon cats.  Size is 22 x 35.5 and said to be hooked 19th century.
A black dog hooked late 19th century measuring 28 x 46.  It sold for $1,185 in 2012.
There ya have another rug show and hope you enjoyed it.  Happy hooking.

Saundra




7 comments:

  1. I thought you said you only had a few rug to show us but I counted 9...
    I like the cats best although they look a little scruffy. I like the background.

    I glanced on the next two week weather forecast and it's warming up to plus temperatures. Maybe spring is on its way here too. I'd love to see a pictures of your daffodils and whatever else is blooming in your yard.

    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love that whale rug and the farm scene. The horse is none too shabby either!
    You find the best rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I like bunnies, not a fan of these ones. My fav is the horse. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so so so enjoy your rug shows. I really like the snow scene. I like to look at snow, just not live in it. And the background on the horse rug is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow there are some great rugs there I love the boat and whales and the three bunnies and even though I just came back in from shoveling I still like the winter scene. I always love your vintage finds on line
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Whale & Snow scene too , even though we woke up to a wintery mess....it has warmed up and melted a lot , so that is one good thing about March Snow Storms ....just hope tha"s it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the winter scene one,,, even tho ,,, ready for spring now,,,
    Another snow fall fridsy night,,, and last night,,, grrr,,, m
    But mild, ,,,
    Thanks for show,,,elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.