Tuesday, March 14, 2023

STARS and WIND

Today I pulled the last loops on the STARS rug and it was so fun there was no need for a plus one to keep me entertained.  My bags of worms of various colors were beside me but the background wool was all freshly cut and showed that wool on a previous post HERE.

Now it needs steaming and binding but that can wait (I HATE binding).  I've already added the pattern to my web site, the link below my name at the bottom.
It was a horribly windy day today and a couple years ago one March I saw Cushing's pattern by that name "Windy Day" which I knew I MUST hook and put out each March.  You can find her pattern HERE.
With the wind today a dead tree fell but thankfully not doing any damage but will need my neighbor to cut the top off so I can cut grass eventually.  I tried to lift it out of the grass cutting area but just don't have the muscles any longer.

This morning there were even snow flurries for maybe an hour but that didn't last long, thankfully, and no accumulation.  But this area isn't out of the woods just yet.

Happy hooking and be safe out in those winds.

Saundra




8 comments:

  1. Stars is a perfect patriotic rug! It snowed again here this morning too after it did all day yesterday. So ready for Spring. Too bad about the tree. Glad it did not fall on your house. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing that star rug so quickly. It's a beauty.
    Sorry about the tree falling. There's always something to clean up.
    Snow started falling and it's very windy here at the moment. The wind is very noisy on the river. Hopefully the roads will be ok tomorrow after noon as I have to drive my husband to his appointment.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure hooked Stars quickly!!!
    Can't wait to see what is next.
    Sorry about the tree. Thankfully you have a helpful neighbor!
    We have snow on the ground here in northern Ohio, maybe 2", but that is 2" too many in my book. It should all melt tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stars are amazing,,,,
    Great no snow yet for you,,,
    We have sun today,,,!
    Elaine🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Star rug looks Great !!! Our yard is covered with big pine branches and sticks all over , it is very windy here , yesterday we got 6" of snow & lost power all morning ....I am Done with Winter !!! I should hook Windy Day , looks like my house only mine is cream color ,not red ! And our trees are swaying just like that !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoohoo your rug looks wonderful. i have always liked the windy day too. so many rugs to little money
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I saw your pattern for Windy Day I knew I had to do it. I still love the one I did. It still is one of my favorites. It just says March! I love your stars rug. That just looks happy. We are still having flooding, snow, wind, you name it. The winter that never stops. It will be a very green year for us here. But I bet by June they will be talking drought again. It drives me crazy. But that is how they can charge more money. I hope you have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the way the extra band of light texture seems to make the stars dance. Great rug! Our snow accumulation was less than expected. Whew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.