Thursday, March 30, 2023

TOOK A BIG BITE

Yeah, me thinks me bit off more than I could chew.  Actually the size I drew was planned at a big (big for me) size of 32 x 35.5.  Perhaps if I was hooking in #9 or larger it would go faster but I'm trying to use up worms so most of it is hooked with #8.5.  In retrospect wish I'd thought about the size a day or two longer and might have made a smaller size.  

I'd hoped to get all of the horse hooked but you know how that goes.
There's still a lot left to hook and the background is always very boring.  The border and scrolls are fun but unlike Lauren I don't find the background 'relaxing'.

Normally by now I'd have made my first grass cut.  But I've two immobile mowers and until my dear neighbor can find time to come do a minor or major exploratory on each my weeds will continue to grow.  He works during the week and weekends he has his own tasks.   

Weather is about to change with a freeze tonight but warmer at the weekend.  However since it is a harsh cold front moving in who knows what other turbulent weather might be in its wake.  At least if my house is still standing tomorrow I've plenty of hooking to keep me occupied.  Happy hooking everyone.

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Don't let the size bother you, it will be worth every bit of your sweat and tears once it's done. It's looking great so far. You have to remember, it takes time to create a masterpiece. I'm ready to start hooking on my new rug but have had a really busy day right up to 9:30pm.
    It's past my bedtime. Goodnight, sleep tight.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your horse looks great. I too do not like hooking background. It just gets boring. Good luck with mowing. Mine could use it also, which is unusual for me. It was such a mild winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving ur horse,,,
    All the movement,,,
    Snow here again,,then rain all weekend,,
    March going out like a lion,,,,
    Take care,
    Elaine😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have that hooked in no time Mummy D. There's so much going on in the background it likely won't even feel like background. Just think, had you done it smaller, you'd already be in a quandary about what to hook next. I'm once again battening down the hatches - 7-10" of snow moving in tonight with horrible winds predicted. Ought to be just lovely. 😡 ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That won't be a background with just one boring color. Me thinks you will have fun with it.
    You are too good. I would just be cutting wider worms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rug will be a Beauty !!! The background doesn't look boring , you should use up a lot worms !!! Searching for colors to use too !!! Hope your weather won't be bad & cause any damage . It is going to be a rainy day tomorrow for us , but we could some have sleet & maybe a few snow flakes over night . Then hope we will enjoy nice Spring weather !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on the background. That is why I decided to finish the other tree on mine and the sky before finishing the horse. Speaking of horses, so love the variations of color you have been adding into yours. Hope your lawnmowers get fixed. We dont need our lawn mowed yet. Been a rainy chilly day today and we might get some storms rolling in later. I will be hooking at the store this weekend in between customers. Hope you have a fun time hooking your latest piece! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.