Sunday, March 5, 2023

THE WOOL and PROGRESS

Julia (Of Petals and Wool) asked if the center of the background for the STARS rug was a tweed, so thought I'd take a photo of the background wool.  Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) is very good about posting wool she uses in her rugs from the get-go, she's more organized than me.
The bottom wool is on the outside of the background and is rather slippery so it must have some cashmere.  The top wool I've never used before and thankfully seemed to work and blend in. 

Now I wish I'd made this pattern larger than 17 x 30 as I'm almost done plus had more area on the piece of linen to draw it bigger.
Today was a lovely day in the low 60s and I could have been outside working in the yard prepping it for cutting season plus putting in more steps for the day.  But received a pattern order this morning for Blue Bowl of Flowers (an antique adaptation) so the yard can wait!.  Now it is drawn and ready to ship tomorrow.  Below is the one I hooked.
For those of you looking at blue bowl for the first time you're probably wondering why those flower stems don't go inside the bowl.  Before drawing it out for me to hook I pondered putting the stems inside then nixed the idea.  That was the way the original antique was hooked and wanted to replicate the quirkiness of the design which makes it more endearing in my eyes and mind.  But before drawing it for Lora asked her how she preferred those stems...ahhh, just like the antique.

Here is the antique for those of you who missed it on my one of my 'antique rug shows'.
Have a great evening and wonderful week.  May all your loops be perfect.

Saundra



4 comments:

  1. Thanks Saundra for showing the wool you used. I really like how the second piece of wool looks when hooked. I think the star pattern would be a good pattern for using up leftover worms.
    I'm glad you got an order for the Blue Bowl pattern. You did a great job on yours.Your customers should be pleased for the quick service on drawing the pattern.
    It's been beautiful here today but turned windy this evening. Thanks for the link to my blog. I used to be able to put links on other blogs but I'm not sure exactly I'm doing wrong.

    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting wool,,,, love seeing it,,
    And love the stems ,, not going in basket,,, I like that quirky stuff too,,,
    Elaine๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say yard work can wait all of the time, but know it cant. I do like seeing the wool everyone uses. When I do another update on Woman On Horseback I will show more of the wool I am using. Did you choose your next rug? Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I shared any of the wool I was using in a rug and organized? Me? I think not.
    You are getting very close on the stars rug. Better get busy choosing your next pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.