Wednesday, December 20, 2023

RUG SHOW TYME

As everyone is still probably scrambling to buy last minute gifts, grocery shopping for Christmas dinner or cleaning before house guests arrive, thought you might enjoy a beverage of choice and enjoy a rug show.

Don't know the exact dimensions of the narrow mat below, but it was obviously hooked 1925.   Nice hit and miss border colors, blue and tan are great colors together.
A cat with her kittens 21 x 41.5 circa 1900.  Think I've previously posted this rug but might have forgotten to move it to the 'antiques' file.
A similar color scheme is the next rug with cattails surrounding a duck or bird with long legs and long beak.  There are several species so you can decide which by checking HERE.  Was hooked late 19th early 20th century and measures 32 x 47.
This rug still listed on an auction site ~ dog circa 1900 with dimensions of 28 x 40.5.
Also still up for auction is the duck rug circa 1900.  It measures 21 x 34  from an Ohio collector.
Very pretty floral which is in a textile museum but memory of which museum escapes me.
Hagley Museum rug measuring 34 x 40 dated 1850-1900.  At a quick glance it reminded me of a string of Christmas lights, lol.
All I know about the rug below is that it's a horse.  No date, dimensions or provenance.
A mostly leaf designed rug, it measures 22.5 x 35.5 and hooked 1930-40.
A beauteous beast me thinks.  Hooked between 1910-20 measures 31.5 x 40.  Not sure if this is the entire hooked piece but probably not from the partial flowers along the side.  But this is all I could find.  I liked it so saved it.
A winter scene with sun shining bright, 16 x 36.  Guess I should be happy it was 5" of rain that fell here on top of the already 2" which fell the week before, as Lauren said usually snow is 10X that of rain water.  EEK!!!!!!!  Really???
Am slowly plugging along ~ translation: slowly pulling loops ~ on the sheep that lost its way.  I'm just not ready to give in, give up and put it in a UFO container just yet.  After all, there are still 11 days left in this year.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. I kind of like that 1925 rug, but let me tell you, I think that duck rug is butt UGLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. musee des maitres et artisans de Quebec

      Delete
  3. I'm not crazy about the background/borders of the cat rug, but do like the cat and kittens themselves. Some day perhaps I will get back to hooking...or stitching...or anything. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 1925 rug too ...and I like the floral basket and the winter scene , rug shows are always fun to see !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would think it an ibis simply due to time: the ibis seemed to be topic in literature as well as art deco design etc. Unless I'm wrong which has been known to happen also. Love the Christmas lights one ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!,,,Love the kitty's,,string of lights,,house,,,mats
    Have a very merry Christmas,,saundra๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿก๐ŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late visiting blogs as I was without a laptop for several days. A long story...

    Thanks for the rug show but non of the rugs calls my name at the moment. But Lauren cracks me up with her butt ugly comment. lol...

    Merry Christmas, Saundra. If your pond freezes you'll have a skating rink.
    Take care and stay safe and warm.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.