Saturday, December 16, 2023

CIRCLES RUG COMPLETE

Believe it or not I was smitten with the original antique as soon as I saw it and decided to hook my own.  First of all I wanted to start a 'plus one' to work on between main projects.  Yet there were several other factors making it a great rug for me:
    ~ the antique had a multi-colored background I love (blotchy)
    ~ great use of wooly worms
    ~ easy no stress hooking  

Perhaps this rug isn't aesthetically beautiful to some folks but to me it epitomizes the naïve primitive rugs made by women of yesteryear.  After the holidays I plan to display it on the harvest table as this quick tablescape photo suggests.  Right after taking the photo I put my Santa rug back on the table.
Then it will go on the floor in my kitchen. 
In case you missed the original antique rug posted months ago, here it is again.
If you'd like to do your own adaptation in whatever size you desire, the circles in the rug I hooked are about the size of a silver dollar but you can surely draw whatever size circle you desire.   Happy hooking.                

Saundra


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your circle rug. It pretty close to the original.
    I'm curious at what you'll hook next.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job on this one. Cannot wait to see what is next. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful finish....and a great mimic of the original. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ,love that sweet mat,,,
    So simple but oh ,,,the character,,,,,
    Well done,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect rendition of an antique rug ~ your colors are beautiful and mellow.
    wonderful rug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a hooking machine. It looks like a true antique ;-)
    Next on the frame?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to use up all those bits and pieces. You did an outstanding job always
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful and really looks just an antique. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very inspiring!! I’ve wanted to hook a similar version for years. A great way to use some worms I have stashed away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.