Sunday, December 3, 2023

Testing, Testing ...

Am testing my happiness scale with a photo to see if I'm headed on the right path.  The sheep has been re-hooked to my satisfaction, almost.  But not sure if I should pull out all the loops around the sheep and start over.  So have decided to work from the border inward to see if the wool chosen will work with that hooked at camp.  If not I'll remove more loops.
I usually prefer to replicate antique rugs similar to the original antique but I didn't care for the flower and leaf colors in the original.  Also there were wool pieces taken to camp which are not my 'go to' colors.  Purple has never been my favorite color.  Yet I do love periwinkle.  Also have to remind myself Barb Carroll said she considered "purple a neutral".  That plus the fact the overdyed wool is named "Granite".  So granite and neutral is what I keep saying to myself when pulling those colors.  Just hope I have enough to complete the rug.
I've made a couple notes to self on my critique ~ there are some curly loops in the sheep I'll replace with similar medium value which doesn't curl.  That big brown blob close to the front leg of the sheep will be replaced with something else.  After that it is still working by the seat of my pants, as always.    

It has been a rainy few days here in slower, lower Delaware.  But since we were in a drought am sure the farmers are quite pleased with the precipitation.

Am thinking the wool yarn ordered from Ali should arrive tomorrow afternoon so whipping the edge of 1776 Eagle will begin when it does.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Sheep is looking good but it's what I expect of you...lol!
    Purple (and pink) are my least favorite colors...in hooking and in every day life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll have that sheep in tip top shape very soon. Dear Saundra, I know that I know nothing about antique rugs but I just don't get the thick black line on the sheep's back. Please don't take offence at the disclosure of my preference, but I just can't see the logic of that thick black line on the sheep's back. lol... Maybe you can explain it to me. I think that the sheep would look so much better without that heavy streak on his back.
    Hugs.
    Julia 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. seeing your in-progress projects, and how you decide to change {or-not} your woll colors always keeps us coming back for more...excited to see your eagle finished too!
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just took a class with Katie Hartner , she puts little bits of color al over and it looks great . When you look close it's amazing what a tiny bit can add . She took lots of classes with Barb Carrol too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your test looks good to me. You know love muted colors, so any of those colors I would like. LOL Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great ,,,,
    Been milder here too ,,,Rain!,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.