Saturday, July 13, 2024

THE HUNT IS ON

Finding my next project is getting to a critical point now.  Not only could I have used it as a plus one during my frustration with the present rug but will need something to hook once the rug is finished.  I do have a line drawing for my Cape May camp project but want to save that one for September.  So once again I'm searching thru old photos of rugs.  

Here's a geometric that could use up left over cut strips and would change the date to 1941, the year I was born.
The deer and pup rug was on my 'maybe' list at some point so will keep it in mind too.
The crosses with blotchy background would be great for another worm buster and believe friend Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) hooked it a while ago.  I have Polly's book with a pattern in it but would try and replicate the antique version with no perfectly squared corners.  
Although I've said I don't like pink, I don't find this color below offensive and have previously considered hooking it.  Who knows what potential rug lurks in my mind.
The circa 1845 rug below has been on my radar before also.  Is that a vase with flowers coming out of it or  a flower in full bloom with buds?  Whatever it is it passes muster.
Another geometric I've considered in the past is the one below.  Thought it would be a good one to use up those selvage edges I've been collecting.
Am also interested in hooking either this Abe Lincoln antique or some rug with a log cabin.  I love log cabins.
Drawing up a pattern today is off the table as I'm not done with my hunt yet.  But wanted to get my blog post done so I can pull a few loops on Junk Yard Dog.  Sure hope a pattern floats my boat soon.

Mistake for me to say 'floats my boat', over Thursday night thru all day yesterday my area received 3.66" of rain.  Some areas in the county received more.  I don't see the lake but with more rain predicted it could happen.

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. EEEK...that's a lotta rain. Thunder is rumbling here and the sun has hid away so looks like we will be getting some too. Hoping not as much as you. The farmers are really struggling here - it's been so hard to get into the fields. I LOVE that deer rug! Is that a little lamb up in the right hand corner? Just so odd I have to love it LOL. Of course, I love the cross one too. Whatever you choose, I know it will be good. You're really cutting this one down to the wire though. ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the geometrics, especially the second one!
    Send some rain to Ohio, pretty please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am voting for Abe Lincoln rug. Wow that is a lot of rain. about an hour north of us they got slammed with rain and wind, but we didn't get much of anything.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely prefer the log cabin rug, but I trust that you'll know which one float your boat or not.
    We've had rain so often that it's hard to get some weeding done. The weed and grass are growing so fast, I just can't keep up weeding the gardens and mowing the lawn. At least, we don't have forest fires...

    Take care and stay afloat.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes,,,Hope it's stopped raining,,,
    Like the first one with UR year of birth,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like like the first one you showed. Changing the year makes sense and a good idea. We had lots of rain when the remnants of Hurricane Beryl came in, but I so feel for you as you have had much more than us. The Abe Lincoln one just reminded me how life is so precious with what just happened last night. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first rug too ...a few years ago at an antique show I saw one similar and it had my birthdate on it !!! Think the dealer thought I would buy it , but I was afraid to even ask how much it was !
    Still terribly Hot & Humid every day ....some nights we get a little rain ....I am longing for nice cool 70 degree days !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.