Monday, July 29, 2024

VINTAGE RUG SHOW

A few new finds and some which appear to be up for sale again as I've seen them before.  But those too will be nice to revisit.  Cats poised in front of a bowl of flowers.  No date or size was provided. 
Below is a view of the back.  As you can see damage is in the center, on the sitting cat's ear and all of the border.  Such a shame.
I'd call the next one a geometric with dogs, 19th century and dimensions are 39 x 44.
An early floral dated 20th century but didn't indicate early or late 20th so is anyone's guess.  Measures 36 x 39.5.
A wonderful landscape measuring a whopping 6' x 7' circa 1930's.  The front.
A view of sections of the back of the beauty and you can see it has been enjoyed and has been repaired.
An abstract with hearts and central 8 point star circa 1930.  I found it but cannot admit to liking it at all.  
A lovely fox and no date was provided.  It is from the estate of Kathrine Pease (Kitty Sue) and dimensions are 19.5 x 37. 
Rug with a horse and dog hooked 19th century, 26 x 50.
Home Sweet Home.  And it is a beauty said to be hooked in the 1880's and measures 31 x 50.
Have made my huge green salad for dinner with my home grown sprouts on top.  Now back to pulling loops on the bird rug.  But I must get busy and steam junk yard dog and bind it as I'd like to take it to Cape May in September.

Saundra


9 comments:

  1. I do love home sweet home. But that large rug is amazing!
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very exciting but I like the simple fox 🦊. Can you imagine dropping something on the one you don’t like? Would take forever to find it. Also that’s a big rug (the picture one). Fun show. Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  3. That landscape one is just amazing. I always enjoy perusing the rugs you show us. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the mats,,,,wow!!! The cats!! And the big landscape with house,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the abstract hearts. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 feet by 7 feet !!!! Yikes !!!!
    I like the last one the best .....but those hearts make me dizzy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the moody colors of Home Sweet Home but would have to add a crow or some kind of spook LOL. Pouring buckets here...had to switch to cell data as internet has lost signal....who knows if cell data will go through either. I was surprised I could bring your blog up. Your salad sounds good...haven't had one in a while. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. The horse looks majestic. Love those home ones too. Need to get back to making sprouts...thanks for the kick in the pants. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'd like the one that you don't like better if the center had some dimension to it. I love the Home Sweet Home one, and those cats! So sleek and modern looking! Salad does sound good - we are having a banner cucumber year! No tomatoes to speak of but loads and loads of cucumbers. And swiss chard too. Hoping for good potatoes - plants look good but you never know what's under the ground until you dig them up! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.