Sunday, June 12, 2016

What to Hook Next

Was content working on my grandson's rug after finishing up Simple Gifts but now am needing something else to hook for relaxation.  There are presently 31 drawn patterns in my stash from which I could choose. Problem is I'm not in the mood for some of them...at least not right now.  But perusing the list here are the ones I'm currently thinking about starting....SOON.
One I'm interested in is Ned, a Woolley Fox design, and this is hooked by Barb Carroll.  I took a picture of it at her home one May.  Seeing another hooked version on Rugs and Pugs  renewed my interest in this design.
I also have the above pattern named Have you Any Wool, another Woolley Fox design.  This one was hooked by my friend Deb.
Turkey & Tallowberries sample
One year at Cape May I purchased Turkey and Tallowberies which I love.  It is a Lori Brechlin design sold by Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios.
Also purchased Old Tom from Kris; so have two turkey rugs in my stash.
do goode be nice
In September I will be hooking Be Goode Be Nice (above), another Lori Brechlin design and will have Kris Miller as my teacher and should be done in time for Halloween I think. And if not, I'll be in the 'hallows eve' mood and inspiration on my lap.
Moon Over Vermont is a Lucille Festa design which is also folded in a drawer of pattern stash.  Definitely like this one too.  Love the bird larger in comparison to the house, the moon with a dangling star.
See that gorgeous rug above which was hooked by Barb?  It is a design by Emma Lou Lais which Barb hooked called "Moose on the Loose".  No, this pattern isn't in my stash but when at Cape May one year purchased a moose design from Bev Conway called..." On the Loose".  Bev's is a bit different and if anyone has hooked Bev's version I'd love to see the choices other hookers made with color selection.
When at Barb's last month I purchased a little wool for the Olde Hearts pattern you see above.  Of course it is another Woolley Fox design and Barb hooked this one.  After she first hooked it a few years ago I was in love and it haunted me until finally purchasing the pattern several months ago.

In my stash is an old design drawn on burlap.  You read right...burlap, and guess that is why I never hooked it.  It is #227 Primitive Horse when Margaret Lutz had Hook Nook that I purchased it.  So I might put it on linen and hook that.  It is a Lib Callaway design which is now being offered by Jeanne Benjamin.
OMG, do you see that gorgeous very LONG Stubbs Runner at the top?  I have that design in my stash too and it is huge.  This one I'm thinking of hooking this winter after Christmas.  This would be a great winter project and one which I've admired at Barbs for years.

And if that weren't enough on my list 'to hook' out of the 31 rug patterns, here is one my friend Deb gave me.  She must have loved the design because she bought it twice.  It is called "Gossip" and is yet another design of Woolley Fox.  The design reminds us of a metal sculpture in the Woolley Cottage.  
This one above is what Deb started at Barb's last May.  Deb made a few changes and made one bird an oriole since they are Orioles fans.  Not sure what other liberties she took.

Guess you are all wondering what other patterns I must have in my stash.  In the past I have sold some to weed out the piles because my interests change and what was purchased on a whim no longer interests me later.

Funny thing is that Simple Gifts was purchased last year on a whim at the November camp and ended up hooking it this May with Barb. 

So you're right Kim, I'm a fickle hooker and can't believe anything I say about what is on the frame next.  Guess you've been busy hooking since getting your paper done and the grass all cut.

Have a great Sunday and be kind to one another.

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra,
    So many rugs to love!!!! I really love NED and the two hearts but the others are also wonderful so what a hard choice you have!!
    I look forward to seeing whichever one you decide to hook!
    Take care and have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful patterns to choose from! I've hooked Old Tom and I have Ned in my stash, too. So many patterns...so little time.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ned is a long time, never hooked favorite of mine...would love to see what you do with it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm on to your tricks. You're not going to pick ANY of the ones you've shown us. You have another secret one ready to tease us with. I barely hooked a loop this weekend. Instead I cleaned this pig sty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning,
    I vote for Ned. I love that rug!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a big stash at the rate you hook rugs. I wish I could accomplish what you do working full time is killing my mojo.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved all the photos!
    I have a real affection for the animals.
    I esp. loved the long runner! Wow!
    Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
    I always love Lori B.'s work too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.