Wednesday, July 3, 2019

INDEPENDENCE DAY

Happy Birthday America ! ! !  A Polly Minick design I hooked in 2007.
Since it is in the heat of summer weather here is another patriotic rug I hooked in 2008 and another Polly design.  Lighting is very different between the two rugs as the bottom one was taken on my back deck in natural light and the one above with a flash inside.
Please be safe this weekend with fireworks.  It is so crispy dry here (believe it or not) and I'm frightened people in the neighborhood will set off firecrackers without thinking.

Please consider if any of your neighbor's may have PTSD from their service, plus many animals are frightened by noise and could stress them also.  So please be thoughtful and safe with your holiday fun.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Happy July 4th. Great Patriotic rugs! Have fun tomorrow! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little off the subject but there's a little town near here that does their fireworks for "Kick off to Christmas" the day after Thanksgiving due to spark fires in July.
    On another note, I thought of you today. I dyed a bath towel a peacock color and it's beautiful (I think anyways.) I will do one more so I have a two. I wasn't sure how they would turnout, but it worked.
    Have a safe and happy Independence Day πŸ‡±πŸ‡·

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saundra,
    Both are lovely rugs and so fitting for this time of year!! Great reminders about firework safety and how they aren't always fun for others!! Hope you shin is improving, too!! Have a wonderful and safe holiday, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great 4th of july, saundra!!
    Be safe!
    Hot here,,, whew,,, finally summer!!
    Great mats!
    Love pollys designs,, have 2 of her books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the first rug.
    Isn't it amazing how quickly it gets dry?
    Happy 4th to you πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Patriotic Rugs !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.