Sunday, July 7, 2019

Almost...but not quite...

I'm referring to the Great Granddaughter's Rug.  Since I'm so close to the finish line considered waiting to post this but was anxious to show you the rug.  Plus I've the Patriotic Pumpkins freebie design by Kelley that I'd like to work on.

The dimensions of Magdalena's rug measured 32 ½  x 43 ½.   I drew mine out smaller and it measures 25 33  ½. 
Have tried to stay true to Magdalena's color plan but using whatever colors of wool is here.  Also tried using as much pre-cut strips from my worm bags as possible.  A few times I've taken an #8.5 or #9 and cut in half just to use what is available.  But sadly it doesn't appear many of those bags are reducing in size.

And....am making one hell of a mess as I progress.  
See, told you it was a mess.  At one time all those wool strips on the side arm, on the back of the sofa and on the seat of the sofa were in their own bag.  No longer; and they will all need to be separated (again) and put back in the proper bag.  Guess I'll never learn to be neat.

In case you're wondering, the mat on the foot stool with the two birds (Two Old Crows) was designed and hooked by Tonya Robey in 2006.  I was lucky enough to purchase that and a few more of her wonderful pieces.

Got the grass cut today and it was time because it hadn't been cut since prior to my leg surgery ~ which isn't healing fast enough for me.  Doctor prescribed a surgical soap and antibiotic ointment prescription.  I try to keep my leg elevated as much as possible.

Before cutting the grass I made sure to wear a bandage over the wound and wear long pants.  Also don't want any more sun spots so wore long sleeves for the couple hours I was outside.  Hey...it was hotter than hades under all those clothes ~ how did the folks manage when they were all bustled up and covered up to the neck back in the day???

Karen Kosmider, did you receive my response to your question this morning?  Both tries to reply were bounced back to me.  Email me at saundra125@comcast.net to let me know.

Have a great Sunday evening.

Saundra



5 comments:

  1. From the post title, I thought you were talking about Patriotic Pumpkins. You've been a hookin' machine.
    Reminds me of a song...I've taken some poetic license.
    The worms crawl in, the worms out, over the frame and on the couch ������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love that rug! Worms I do not have as many as I do not hook as much I also cut as I go along so I have less. But I am still as messy.
    I hope your leg heals fast!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so close! And love it!
    Wow,,
    Be careful,,, in the sun,,,
    keep cool,,
    Our heat wave gone for now!
    So glad,,,, not a heat person,,,

    Take care,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love the colors of this rug. Not much worms here. I only cut what I need...and I do it the old fashion way by hand. Cannot wait to Patriotic Pumpkins. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    LOVE your rug and you have done a fabulous job......as always!!! Just WONDERFUL!!!!
    Can you tell I like it?? haha
    I am convinced that it is next to impossible to be neat when you are being creative and just know that we understand!! The good thing is you can always clean it up after!!!
    Hope your leg continues to heal up well!!!
    Take care and enjoy your hooking time!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.