Sunday, July 21, 2019

Second Try

Last post I wasn't quite pleased with the tongues so decided to take a break and put the other pattern on my frame.  There weren't but a few  loops pulled on the Use it Up design before Patriotic Pumpkins haunted me.

So put it back on the frame.  This is what it looks like now and without any change to the larger pumpkin.  I reduced the tongue colors from 4 colors to 3....that old saying 'less is more' ringing true.
Here is what the tongues (unfinished) looked like before.
To be honest this is just a fun project and not a Celebrations entry nor any other contest.  So what was all my stressing about????  The first picture will be just fine for me to use as a mat on my table or front door to welcome fall.   AND, I'm no longer worried about the colors of the large pumpkin.  All of a sudden I feel free ..took a deep breath and moving on.   

Now my concentration will be on Use it Up design.  Which means I'll be needing to have a back up pattern to hook.  Oh No!

Horrific oppressive temperatures outside today.  There is to be some rain relieve Tuesday and/or Wednesday.  Sure hope so.

Saundra

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've come to accept Patriotic Pumpkin. No need to stress the small stuff! Looks great. Move on :)
    Our heat should break tomorrow at least temporarily. We got a little rain this evening. I am hoping for more. Hard to believe how quickly we went from monsoon weather to drought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You did it. That was totally it- taking the tongues down to 3 colors, what a remarkable change. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be our hottest days also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the your pumpkin.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like it all saundra!
    Great pumpkin, ,,, all looks great!
    The hot hot has gone in storm sat nite! Thank goodness,,
    Cooler nicer days for this week,,,, hopefully,,,
    Take care,,,try and keep cool ,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute finish. Enjoy it and move on. Can’t wait to see what’s next. Hot as heck here, too. We keep hearing that rain is coming, but we’re still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Love everything about it! Cooled off up here so far today (in Canada)! Love all your mats..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Saundra,
    So happy you are happy with your changes and that is what is really important!! Such a fun and sweet rug that you will enjoy!! So sorry for all of you dealing with the oppressive heat!! We are really hot here at 109+ but have low humidity and that makes it more bearable, but it is STILL HOT!! Hope your power stays on and you get some cooling rain!!!
    Enjoy your day, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good. I knew you would finish it in a great way! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.