Saturday, July 27, 2019

Patriotic Pumpkins

You already know it was all hooked, but now it has been bound and being displayed on the harvest table in the kitchen.  Those cotton cats are some of the remaining unsold items from when doing shows and certainly came in handy today.  

If you think your eyes are playing tricks with you with dots and dashes at the bottom of the mat, it's okay.  That is a stripe fabric used to bind the mat with.....
..red and white cotton fabric.  Seemed like a very suitable binding since there's still many yards of cotton still on my shelves.
This wall in the kitchen will be the next venue to hang rugs...me thinks.  The wall has looked like this for more years than I can remember and time for an update.  
Yes Lauren, that is an antique ceiling lamp which traveled thousands of miles with me over the years.  Purchased it from an antique dealer in Federalsburg, MD, moved to Bowie, MD, then 1979 moved to San Ramon, CA.  1981 it moved to Seaford, DE, then to Columbia, MD and now back to Seaford, DE.

For those just seeing my blog, this is a design by Kelley Belfast which I named Patriotic Pumpkins.  Happy Saturday everyone.

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. Your rug looks great - both front and back. Also, I have a similar lamp but green 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet mat from kelley!
    Love the backing, too,,,
    So sweet,,,
    Love the little projects,,,,
    Have a great day, keep cool,,
    Hot here too,,, not nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised the light survived so many moves over so many miles. It must have been packed with extreme care. Looks great.
    I have that same picture in my hooking room. Looking forward to seeing more rugs hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saundra,
    Your rug looks so sweet with the two black cats and I like how you finished it with the red stripe fabric!! Your wall will be the perfect spot for more of your rugs,too! So nice that you will be able to enjoy them!!
    Have a great week, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.