Friday, July 19, 2019

Stymied, But What's New?

Yeah, seems I've painted myself in a corner again.   Figured the challenge with the big pumpkin would be an easy fix after the rest was hooked.  All I had to do is just leave it alone or change it to an all dirty white pumpkin ~ easy peasy.

This afternoon I pulled myself away from the Use it Up rug to do the 'quick' finish hooking the tongues on Patriotic Pumpkins.  HA!  Started hooking the two tongues on the right side.  They looked way too busy for the rest of the rug.
Then thought to do a larger inside color, the blue but was distracted by the other 'busy' tongues.  Decided to pull the pattern off my frame and go back to the other rug tonight for comfort.  

With so little of the design to hook I'm frustrated with myself for not finishing it tonight.  Am thinking that saying 'less is more' is definitely true in this case.  Earlier in the week friend Jennie commented to me something like..."why is it something so easy seems so difficult?"  Perhaps because I've made it hard and over thinking.

For damn sure I don't like those two tongues on the right side.  They will go.  But tonight I'm back to my Use it Up.

Hot as Hades today.  When looking at the outside temps on my thermostat, at 2 p.m. the reading was 100 degrees Fahrenheit  (37.78 Celsius) at 2 p.m. and usually it gets higher around 3 but didn't check.  

Grass needs to be cut and Ben's backyard needs it the worse.  Not pushing that mower in that kind of temp so will check the temps tomorrow after breakfast.  If not then perhaps the sun and heat will just kill the grass.  Okay by me ~ no grass to cut.

Stay cool and hydrate.

Saundra




7 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's best to set a project aside until you are refreshed and can look at it with "new" eyes. Then it's usually a case of "why didn't I just to that to begin with?" Don't ask me how I know that - choke, choke. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ur not happy with it,,, but looks great to me,,,
    I hate pulling out! A,
    Dont do it much!
    Too hot here too,
    Our grass bad now too, but too wet and hot to cut!
    Keep cool,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mat looks great....even the 2 toned pumpkin. I also like the two colourful tongues on the right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the heat too it started late yesterday morning today and tomorrow hot hot hot. we have one air conditioner it is in our bedroom the rest is fans. I love summer but I hate this! I like the 2nd from the right tongue, call me crazy.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    Decisions, decisions!! I'm sure pulling if off the frame will be a big help and allow you to have some time to process!! Everyone will have a different opinion, including me, but what is most important is what YOU want!!! I know it will all come together for you!! So very sorry you are all dealing with the terrible heat wave and do hope you keep as cool and hydrated as possible!! So very happy you are just leaving the yard alone as it could be so dangerous to be out there when it is sweltering like that!! Hope the other rug will give you a nice break!!!
    Take care and THINK COOL THOUGHTS, my friend!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck. I do agree with you though that the tongues on the right are a bit busy. It hot here too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you will come up with the perfect solution :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.