Thursday, July 25, 2019

Throw Back Thursday

This is going back to a 2009 class with Gail Dufresne.  In advance of the class I told her to please pull me out of my comfort zone ~ you all know what that is by now.  That would be dark earthy colors and antique adaptations.

I was very uncomfortable using bright colors and that color scheme wasn't anywhere in my home in 2009.  So with input and ideas from Gail and the group I drew and hooked this rug which I named The Great Escape.
Since this wouldn't fit anywhere in my home it was sold at an Artisans show one year.

Here is a picture of Gail Dufresne, me in the middle and Gail's sister Yvonne Wood.
Gail is an excellent and patient teacher who gives her 'peeps' her all,  Yvonne also an excellent hooker.  One important thing I learned in the class is stay true to yourself and hook what makes you happy. Try tho I may to hook colors outside my crayola box, it is awkward and not as much fun.

Regarding the previous comment about bright colors being nowhere in my home, there is this rug which I hooked 2014 and is in front of my garden  bathtub.  
Now that the crispy grass weeds have had a drink of water a day or so ago it is time to cut it once again.

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. I can't use bright colors either …. just doesn't feel natural for me ….LOL
    I am fighting the weeds too , they got huge in all that rain !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the drab colors too. I just think they are cozier. That said, every once in a while, I get a wild streak and go Boho crazy:-) It doesn't happen very often, and I think it's fun because it's sooo not me. Good for you breaking out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's 5 years since you hooked that cat rug. Time sure is a flyin'.
    Gail is teaching for 2 days before our October hook in. I have heard from so many people she is an excellent teacher, but I opted to once again sign up for Caroline Twigg. I am not ready to leave my comfort zone...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors but you are right it is hard to go out of your comfort zone.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed this story,,,
    Love the rug, as I enjiy the brighter colors!
    But love the primitive ones, too,,
    Gail would be a fun teacher to get u out of ur comfort zone,,,
    Take care,
    Getting hot again,,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.