Wednesday, October 19, 2022

CHANGING Of The RUGS

Finally I vacuumed so changed rugs in two rooms.  First was the living room where I replaced Blue Bowl of Flowers to the Horse and Crows antique adaptation seen below.  This one seems more seasonable to me than the floral and next month will change it again.
Then to the kitchen where I put Nantucket Broom Ride on the harvest table and my 3 pillowed hooked pumpkins.  I only hooked these after seeing Lauren do hers a few years ago.  Will have to look for a better basket to place the pumpkins in.
Found this basket and at least the pumpkins do stand up better but wish the basket was a darker color.  Out of curiosity which basket do you prefer?
There is another oblong darker basket but it is deep and hides half the pumpkins.  Oh well, it's just me in the house and I'm not entertaining guests or hosting a party so guess this will do and I can see my pumpkins.

Well, I did it.  I turned on the heat because when I woke up inside the house temp was 60*, just too cold for me to take.  As the outside temperature was below 39* the second stage propane heat kicked in immediately.  So reduction of propane in my ground tank has already begun the countdown.

Low temps overnight again and won't be near normal until Sunday.  Happy hooking.

Saundra







7 comments:

  1. Your rugs look wonderful ....Nantucket Broom Ride is another one on my To-Do List !!!
    What if you put some filler in the bottom of your oblong basket , so the cute pumpkins show up like the lighter color basket ? I stuff baskets with old calico fabric so they show up better .
    It was only 30 degrees here this morning !!! I bundled up and waited to go for a walk at 9:00 , it was 37 degrees ....was a quick brisk walk !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two cents worth, the long lighter basket makes the pumpkins stand out more I think since there is a lot of dark brown already on the piece of furniture.

    I love that crows and horse rug, and it looks nice in front of the fireplace.
    We had heavy rain this morning but the sun came out and it's actually nice out.
    George had the wood stove going this morning. It was warm in the house and I decided to have a little nap on the couch.
    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love changing rugs out for each season since I don't do much decorating any more.
    I like the lighter basket too
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trick I do when something is too deep for what I want to add in is to add wool or fabric or even a book to bring my items up where I want them. With your baskets, I actually like the smaller one as the other one is so light that my eye turned to that instead of your gorgeous pumpkins. Maybe its not as bright in person. When I no longer have animals int he house, I may consider placing rugs on the floor. Not now though with fur babies around! I do love yours. So very talented you are! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like the oblong basket better if it were stained or painted dark. I, too, use a filler if a basket is too deep.
    Love seeing the changing of the rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pumpkins sit better in the rectangle basket, but its color is distracting. It steals the show from the pumpkins. Perhaps it needs a bit of time in a tea or coffee bath, or a bit of stain. Paint? Something to tone down the "new" look it has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the changing of the rugs. It is nice we can do that. I love seeing yours and I love that basket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.