Sunday, October 30, 2022

STARTING FRESH

My hooking area is cleaned up with wool worms separated (again) and put into their proper color bags, so I'm starting fresh.  Bet it will look like a rats nest once again after just a couple hours of hooking.
Last loops were pulled on Li'l Lamb so there are officially 3 pieces to be bound.  Tomorrow I've a doctor appointment so will take Deer and Blue House with me to work on while I wait.  After that plans are to work on binding at least one hour per day; no way I want 4 rugs piled up needing binding.  

For those who have been waiting....here's the Li'l Lambkin.
Hmm, those tiny fibers you see are from the cheese cloth I used.  In the Li'l Lamb I used cotton knit, vintage seam binding, nylon stocking, rayon jacket lining, cheese cloth, and yarn.  Fun, fun, fun.

Those of you who have joined this present challenge I will happily share your pictures on my blog when you send them to me.

Must say I did enjoy this textile challenge  more than the last because all the fabric used was much easier to pull than the woven cotton and homespun I used for the Tattered Tulip last challenge (below).  
Now I'm ready to go back to regular wool hooking since I've probably hundreds of yards here and much more than I can hook in my lifetime.  So  just why did I buy two more yards from The Wool Studio?   Guess you could call  it an addiction.  

Happy Hooking everyone.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. I love your lamb so sweet. I know that addiction well! ugg crazy.
    maybe we should have a fat quarter swap after the holidays. So we can mix it up
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lambkin looks sensational. Wow. I used to be part of a rug hook online group that swapped names to send goodie boxes at Cmas and Easter. Fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little Lamb !!! So sweet !!!
    I haven't started my angel yet & my grand daughter hasn't hooked enough yet ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree, you are a tease!!! Your L'il Lamb looks adorable and I love the natural color of its wool. I was wondering if the new rug is the pattern of the black and white horses? Me think so...
    I need to sort out the wool I bought last week at out hooking group sale.

    Happy Halloween.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saundra Saundra had a lamb, his fleece was white as snow. If I did not know better I would have thought this was a vintage rug too! Great job!!! Good luck at your dr. appt. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great addiction! Your lamb turned out great :-) Can't remember if you said what you will make, but looks to be a perfect shape for a tea cozy. Still like your tulip too even if it wasn't as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love ur sweet lamb!!! Nice to get resorted again,,, before u start a new mat,,,
    Elaine😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.