Monday, October 17, 2022

Having Fun Hooking Here....

I'm having so much fun playing with this mat.   So far I've used cotton knit, yarn, cheese cloth, cotton flannel, green nylon hose, vintage seam binding and wool.  Am enjoying this much more than when I hooked the Tattered Tulip using mostly woven cotton.
My lamb's features loses something because the threads of the cheese cloth cover the thin pieces of wool.  And although I continually reshape them in place the features get distorted.  But....it is an antique adaptation, right?

In case you want to see the original antique Li'l Lamb it is below.
Hmmm, this actually  helps me realize some changes that I need to make.  Naturally I don't have all the exact colors that are in the antique as I'm trying to use what is available.  But I do have more appropriate green color for the ground and will make some changes there.

The antique lamb looks like it is smiling and mine looks sad so that has to change too!!!!  Makes the challenge even more fun even tho it is some reverse hooking.  Is anyone out there playing along?  If not that's okay you can enjoy thru my adventure.

Gonna get cold with the arctic weather moving in overnight.  So perhaps tomorrow evening the heat will be turned on.  Also heard we may have a frost in a day or so.  Where the heck did the spring and summer go?  Ya mean 6 months just flew by in a flash?     

Happy hooking and what's that other quote..."don't worry, be happy".                    

Saundra
 


8 comments:

  1. Well you version is really looking like an antique too! Love it. We have have a biting cold rain all day. UGH Possible flurries tonight. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lamb looks wonderful. That is a very cute pattern. We have had frost and now the leaves are falling off the trees. Our color is gone sadly it doesn't last nearly long enough. Stay warm
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so so Good! Glad ur having fun,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your L'il Lamb is looking adorable. It looks like he's got a mouthful as his left cheek is rounded, as if he's chewing, giving movement to the piece. I'm glad you're having fun.
    Somehow, I haven't pulled a loop here at home but when I'm with the group, I tent to listen to the members talking while I pull hoops. It's more fun with a group. Some hardly pull hoops and talk a lot. I can both work at pulling loops and talk at the same time. lol...
    It's gloomy here today.
    Take care and enjoy the L'il Lamb. he's a cutie.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a very fun rug. I like lamb rugs. Have a wonderful day. I would gladly send you my weather if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lamb is looking great ! I haven't pulled a loop yet ! Think my Grand Daughters design is a bit large , but will keep trying ....maybe we should have drawn a Kitty face ??? Will send you pictures .
    Will be chilly here too & could have a frost , then back to upper 60's & could be 70 this weekend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leave your lamb alone!!! I love the look on him/her's face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’re really getting lambs expression. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.