Tuesday, October 11, 2022

MISC. CHIT CHAT

Since it is October, thought I'd start sharing some of my autumn hooked pieces.  This first one was a free pattern insert in the Sept/Oct 1997 issue of RHM and a design by Barb Carroll.  Look how all those textures work well in the border.  Hope Barb is smiling down on my color choices and likes the purple.
Mache Jacks is my design and I offer the pattern, the crow was a purchase from JoAnne's fabrics many years ago and the papier mache' jack-o-Lantern I made with a group of dollmaker/crafter friends when I lived in Columbia, MD. 
Remember a few days ago I told you Priority mail, and I suppose all USPS mail, increased by $1.  On 10/3 I shipped a pattern from Delaware to  Georgia and as yesterday 10/10 it still hadn't arrived.  Tracking had it in Jacksonville, Florida yesterday and was finally delivered to it's destination in GA at noon today 10/11..  

Huh, how did it miss Georgia?  Last time I looked at the US map from DE it would have gone thru VA, NC, SC, then GA before getting to Florida.  WTH?????  That was supposed to be a 3 day delivery but since the price went up $1 they should have made it a 2 day.  Anyway it finally reached its destination after 8 days.

So far I've not given in to turning on the heat despite waking up to inside temps of 62* in the morning.  I manage by wearing a turtleneck with sweats and lately it has been warmer outside than inside.  So open the windows where a little heat trickles in and increases the inside by just a couple degrees.  Soon it will be too cold for me to handle the cold and will give in to turning on the heat.  Am trying to delay the electric and fuel bills by as many days as possible.

Hope people are looking for their choice of pattern and plan to join me in the challenge.  If anyone has questions please feel free to email me.  Happy hooking.

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. A few months ago I had ordered something from a store in New Hampshire , I live in Western Massachusetts .....it was suppose to arrive the following day , but I received it the following week !!! It went to Maine , New Jersey & then Here !!! WTF !!!!

    Love your Pumpkin hooked pieces ! The border on first one is awesome !! The Jack-o-Lanterns is so nice and prim !!!

    I haven't drawn my pattern yet . When I looked at all the cotton knits I have ....they all need to be Toned down ! They are much too bright !!! They need to soak in coffee & tea for a week !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such wonderful Halloween pieces. I turned the heat on to 65 yesterday. I could not take 59 in the house. So far, we have had a fire in the fireplace several times and that makes all the difference once the sun goes down and it gets cold.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my obsession with papier mache JOL's so you know how I love that rug and the one you made. Today was a perfect fall day...until the 30+ mph winds started up. So much for our fall colors. 😕 ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your talents never cease to amaze me. That Jack you made is just too cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your papier mache Jack O Lantern is amazing and I like your crow too. Every time I see a crow, I remember my mom, when she was living, she would put food for the crows on a big rock behind the house and they knew that she would come out to give them some scraps form the table at a certain time of the day and they would alert the family that their meal had arrived. lol.

    We light the wood stove and I just love that wood heat, early in the morning. My husband just doesn't like the house to be cold and he has the heat on in his bedroom. Mine will be off for as long as I can endure the cold. He can take the heat and I can't. I like a comfortable heat.

    About the postal rates, it's a good thing I don't send many packages through the mail. It's will get slower as Christmas comes nearer.

    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pumpkins!!!
    I have some crocheted pumpkins I did last year,,,,,
    Sold all my fall mats,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.