Friday, October 21, 2022

Favorites Not Yet Hooked

I just scrolled thru my saved photos of antique rugs I've replicated and counted 56.  Some were small mats, some medium size and a couple large.  Some patterns were drawn by other people and many drawn by me.  But that 'want to hook' list doesn't seem to end, as there's always another added.

On my to hook list for a few years is this antique Horse (22 x 35).  If I do hook it think I'd change that green to maybe a dark blue or black.
The Reclining Lamb has been on that list but the flame has diminished somewhat on it to make room for others going to the top.
Another on the list for a few years is the rug below with chickens  and geese.  Believe it or not it sold for $4,994 and dimensions are 24 x 41.
The wool hooked and shirred rug below sold for $10,073 and measures 31 x 44.  I've had it in my file since 2014 and is also new on my 'to hook' list. I'd want different colors so would surely want a teacher to help with color planning it.
Have had this photo of Basket of Flowers since 2019 but all of a sudden it seemed more interesting and making it on the list for the first time.  The original antique measures 27 x 55.

I've been intrigued by the design of Cogswell's Grant but don't have confidence in my color planning for it.  So it would be a rug to hook with a teacher also.   The original antique measures 28 x 39.
A new love interest is folk art horse which was found February 2022 and measures 36.5 x 52.  Of course if I were to draw it for me it wouldn't be that big.
Rooster, Berries and Hearts rug was hooked 1800's but don't have the dimensions for it.  I like this a lot too and will be among those favorites.
I drew a version of this 1907 Eagle rug for someone and she wanted the leaves and crosses removed.  It sorta looked interesting to hook then but isn't at the top of the list.
Guess I'd better get off'n this contraption so I can draw another Mache' Jacks pattern for someone.  Hope you enjoy what you're working on and have a great weekend.  Thankfully today the temperature is going to reach 65* which is more normal for us here this time of year.  I even turned the heat off but might need to turn it on before going to bed.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. Some great rugs there. I have so much going right now I could not think of another rug.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty rugs ....I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a Long List of To-Do's !!! I haven't pulled a loop in days ....will be celebrating October Birthday's this weekend , so no loops pulled , maybe Monday when it is suppose to rain all day .

    By the way Hope you are having a nice Happy Birthday !!!!! Enjoy a few glasses of Cabernet !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of greens you probably know, but I do like the greens in that horse rug. Blue will definitely change it. A great list of possibilities to hook in the future. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not an antique rug connoisseur but my pick would be the first one with the horse. It's a beautiful horse but I don't like the horse's color. The rest of the colors are fine.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. These mats are definitely Saundra mats,,,,
    Enjoy warmer temps,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fun rugs. I have always loved the hooked and shirred rug. Now how could you hook that since you always want the colors of the antique?
    1907 Eagle is a great one, too. God Bless America.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these rugs. You do have the best of taste in what you share. I might try painting a two or three of these in my journal just for fun and to save the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We finally had a 60 degree day yesterday. It was bliss!! It can't go down fast enough for me. I wish I could move to some place with snow. But then of course I would be whining about that. It is beautiful here, bright blue October days. I love all of those rugs. What treasures they are. I like those horse rugs. I have never hooked a horse before. I thought of that when I was looking at each rug. I like the horse rugs so I wonder why I never have. I will have to look into that at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.