Thursday, October 13, 2022

Li'l Lamb Update

As I didn't have enough tea dyed cheese cloth for the lamb some fuzzy wool was also used.  At  least now the lamb is hooked and can continue working on the background.  So far the background consists of yarn, cotton knit and a little wool from the worm bag.
The  brown/black yarn below was spun by departed friend Leslie Coveney.  She put a tag on it labeled "Gabe Blend llama wool".  I've had it for years and finally using it.  This close up is true to color but you'd never know it was the same which is hooked close to the lamb's body and between the hind leg down the tail up to the black cotton  knit. It is a beautiful color but think it is too soft to be used to bind a rug.
She generously also gave me other yarn some of which I've used to bind a rug.  Here is a design by Tonya Robey called A Day in the Country and Leslie's yarn was used to bind this rug.
Leslie 
also spun my dogs' hair onto a thin strand of wool which I used to hook in my Rottweiler Memorial which you can read about HERE
Hope everyone is having fun with the project they chose and looking forward for you to share a photo with me.  

It's drizzling here today so will stay inside and pull some loops.  Weatherman says it will be below normal temps next week so guess my heat will soon be turned on despite the low 70 temps of today.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. Love your Lamb !!! I only got my linen ready for hooking , had to add fabric to make it fit my frame . I also tweaked my Grand Daughter's pattern a little bit to make it easier to hook . I'm thinking of doing a small angel for myself ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little lamby. He looks so O.L.D.!!!
    We finally got some rain last night. Real rain. We are so very dry ;-(
    Our temps will be falling. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your L'il Lamb is looking wonderful, so soft and fluffy.
    You got a lot done already. I've been working on cleaning a few flower beds this afternoon It's been a beautiful day. We just lost our power about 15 minutes ago and our generator kicked in so we didn't lose our internet.

    Hook on...
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so much catching up to do! I love sheep (you probably knew that). Also like the look of those swirly lines so will be looking forward to seeing the background. I know you prefer wool, but you do so well with mixed fibers, I'm glad you are doing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BAA your lil lamb is so sweet. Just love how he is looking so folksy and truly looks like an old rug thus far. Great work! Janice PS I did sew the plastic canvas pillow from my blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I once again bow to the Queen of Old. That lamb is adorable!! And, like GT said, so OLD looking! I just love it. We did not even get to 40º today for a high...and windy...with a cold rain that mixed with that "stuff" I remove to say at this point in time. (It's kinda like saying "Beetlejuice" 3x, ya know?) I haven't bothered to look at the forecast...I'm afraid...and it has nothing to do with the Halloween shows on tv. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lamb is just darling such a sweet pattern, and you are doing it great justice.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely yarn. I love that lamb you are hooking now. Have a nice day. It sounds wonderful to have a drizzly day. I am getting a bit tired of all of this sunshine and blue skies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.