Monday, January 9, 2023

The Forever Floral Preview

While you folks ponder which block you'd like to hook thought I'd take a photo of the forever floral to show you.  I wanted to see if the colors are okay before completing that pink and red flower or if it is too pink.  Did I mention I'm not fond of pink; yet here I am with pink in the rug.  I still have some pink/tan mottled wool I could use, which is in the flower to the right of the unfinished flower. 

Also wonder if the addition of earthy colored flowers upsets the flower cart, so to speak.  But no way I could handle just a pink and blue rug.
And if the montage of colors is okay then what the heck do I do with the remaining flowers??  I'll hook the penny flowers the same as the others but it's the other two big ones I'm worried about.  Where is my rug teacher when I need one, LOL.

Hmmm, with that in mind I don't think dearly departed Barb would have those pinkie and bluey flowers at all, but not sure what she would choose.

My Woman on Horseback pattern has been drawn and on my frame.  So far I've only hooked her hat, hair and am on her face with a narrow cut.  Yup, that's all I've accomplished. I recall in a class at camp my teacher told us to "hook what's on top first".  So that's what I did.  As soon as the hat, face and hair are done I'll hook around that with something to contain the shape.  Will do that in blue until I decide if the background will be anything other than sky color.  Nope, sorry, not enough hooked to show you.

Happy hooking, stitching or whatever.

Saundra



10 comments:

  1. Oh, Saundra...this is fabulous! I must have been MIA during your previous postings of this rug. I'm not fond of pink or light blues either, but I believe these absolutely work. As for the other 3 larger ones, how about working in some peach or purple (Barb would have like that LOL).... I'm sure others will have much better ideas...I'm not much of a color planner, but that is what came to my wee mind...or what's left of it. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happily looking at your beautiful floral. With me, you can never go wrong with a floral. It's looking great and well balance. I wouldn't be bored with it, I don't think...
    However, I'm curious on the new rug design.

    I finally got my tree put away and carried all the totes in the basement. My nativity is still occupying space on my buffet. Tomorrow is another day and it will be put away until next year, hopefully.

    Be good and stay well.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ,love ur floral,,,I do love pinks and blues ,,surprise,,Surprise!,,!
    Love UR background,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple, Barb would add purple!! (Jo Wick)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would do a mix of the other colors not add more color just my idea.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not reverse hook, but would tone down the blue and pink with a painting of coffee ;-) JMHO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this and I agree with Cathy that a mix of the colours you have would be nice. And yes, Barb would have used purple. Not my choice. I am not a pink fan but I do hook with it, it’s more palatable if you call it “pale red.”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your colors look more antique , I like them .
    What ever tweaking you do ...it will look great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe a darker blue for the other big flowers? Just a thought. I would reverse hook or tone down the new pink one. Am not a fan of pink myself Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! It looks fantastic! I love how it really looks like a antique rug.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.