Friday, January 6, 2023

ANTIQUE RUG SHOW and ANOTHER PATTERN

This rug pattern isn't going on my frame it is a pattern for a customer.  The name of it is Apple Tree Farm of Cogswell's Grant and you can read about the historic rug and location HERE.
A floral dated between 1820-1840 measures 28.5 x  5 8.5.
I found this Farm Animals rug sweet.  Dimensions are 32 x 49 and hooked 20th century.  The starting bid for it is $50, in case you're wondering, no I won't be bidding, lol.  
Here's one Cathy might interested in bidding on with a low starting bid of $50 also.  Man in the Mountain, NH, size is 24 x 36 and hooked early 20th century.
Below is a close up of one corner  of Man in the Mountain.
This primitive landscape is adorable ~ it looks like a squirrel and owl in a tree, the horse is a very primitive childlike image and a dog running to catch a ride in the sleigh.  Wish I had more information,  don't even know size I  just happen to see a photo on Pinterest.
Valentine's Day is coming soon so showing Hearts and Diamonds with hit and miss border is apropos.  Sadly that's all I have on this too, no size, dates, etc.
Dog with pink collar measures 26 x 40 from the collection of Alain and Louise Huin.
For you feline fans...Cat with hearts, butterflies, fans and dated Jan1888.  Dimensions are 24.5 x 43.5.
A view of the back.
I've had lunch, shipped the rug pattern and now going to work on the 'forever floral'.  Perhaps you'll see an update (not a finish, lol) soon.  Normal January temperatures have returned albeit with some drizzle.
Happy hooking.

Saundra





7 comments:

  1. I thought you meant another pattern on your frame...lol! When are we going to see that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the Apple Tree Cogswell Farm !!! I have to remember this one ! The squirrel ,owl & the tree with the sled is really pretty too ! And that Heart design is neat too !!!
    These all are calling my name !!! LOL
    We got lucky no ice or snow for us today , just wasn't cold enough , so hopefully I can get out to walk in the sunshine tomorrow !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like GT, I, too, thought you'd found your next project. Such a tease MD. I love that kitty. His droopy whiskers make him look so very melancholy. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I simply love the first two! What are you working on currently? I forgot about making hooked hearts for my store. UGH I will have to remember that for next year. However, maybe you should remind me again in November as will probably forget again. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the farm animal rug. I think it's a fun rug. Too bad the pig and the puppy are so faded and that the edge is frayed.

    Enjoy the weekend. I'm looking forward to the update on the floral.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first two rugs and Hearts and Diamonds. Beautiful! Often I wonder about your art journey that took you to creating your amazing rugs. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the house and apple trees,,,I made something like this year's ago,,,,and sold it,,,didn't keep records,,,
    Love the animals with the house too
    Back to snow here,,,,though suppose to have Sun on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.