Wednesday, January 18, 2023

LOOKING BACK

Decided to take a stroll back in time and show you what I hooked in 2022.  The first piece finished that year was the delightful pattern Winter Buddies designed by Cindy Lundgren and sold by Cushing.
Was getting antsy for another challenge/hook-along so a few of us hooked our favorite Granny Donaldson cow blanket designs and this is the one I chose 
(18.5 x 22).
After admiring an antique rug for many months it had to go on my frame and make it mine.  I named it Blue Bowl of Flowers and drew it 30 x 41.  During the hooking process I considered extending the flower stems.  But this is how the antique rug was so that is the way I hooked it.
Then there was that Dancing Rabbit hook-along.  Perhaps one day I'll hook the really old version in my files and enjoy it more.
In a class with Cindy Irwin at Ocean City, MD I was finally able to hook Mother and Fishbowl.  Because of Covid one year the class was cancelled and I just held out hope she'd get hooked.  I'm still not happy with mother's eye, her ski nose or lips ~ that was not the fault of Cindy, it is my loops.  Perhaps one day I'll work on it again before a next camp.
Cottage and Apple Tree is also an antique Adaptation drawn 22 x 30.  And it made for a great blog post on using UGLY WOOL.                      
Just like Blue Bowl of Flowers some antique rugs just haunt me until I hook them.  That was the case with Deer and Blue House, another antique adaptation which I drew measuring 21 x 30.
And who could forget what I personally refer to as the bastardized drawing of an otherwise wonderful antique Mary Comstock bed rug.  While I had to redraw many of the elements was not ready to toss in the towel.  It finally did get hooked and bound.  I should  have drawn it myself.
Then yet another challenge piece with Li'l Lamb chair pad
, an antique adaptation using various textiles.  This time I didn't use woven cotton and it was much more fun.  I used nylon hose, tea stained cheese cloth, cotton knit, seam binding and wool.
And the last loops pulled on a rug last year was Double Eagles, another antique adaptation I drew.
Hope you had a fun trip back in time with me and hope you enjoy hooking forward with me in 2023.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. Wow almost one per month. Way to go! Love them all. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have been prolific and you do such nice work... I bend my head in shame. I've worked on only one rug and it's not finished yet. I did dye some more wool today without using a recipe for the background and I hooked for a little while this evening.

    Thanks for the portfolio of your hooked rugs for 2022.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your year in review!!!
    I had forgotten how big Blue Bowl of Flowers was.
    Amazing...all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing them all again. You are a very productive.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive your year in review! I do follow the blog enjoy seeing them & thank you for all the tips/information you share its appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see all of your wonderful projects !!! they are Beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek...I feel like such an incredible slacker. The only rug I finished hooking in 2022 that I recall is Welcome Cats...and that is not bound yet so does not really count. I love all of your finishes. You are an impressively prolific and accomplished hooker. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive,,,,love them all,,,
    Can't believe it's 2023,!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.