Friday, January 20, 2023

FOREVER FLORAL UPDATE

Several years ago I recall a hooker (can't remember who) would speak of "the never ending rug".  I did a quick google search and nothing came up in the search.  Perhaps it was based on the same sentiment I have for this one which will always be known to me as 'the forever floral'.  

Am sure you have noticed my continual changes of size or shape of flowers and leaves but am still struggling with colors.  Have tried to pull most colors from the worm bags yet am cutting background colors with the occasional darker spots of worms worked into the background.

Something that continues to bug me are those "floating leaves" which dear friend and respected hooker critic Julia mentioned in an earlier post.  Julia, you are right and that's why it still bugs me.  But at this point I want to move forward rather than making backward steps.  Okay, so ya ready?  Here's the new photo.  OH!!!! plus I'm not pleased with the flower under the blue one on the left.  
Yeah, I know....you're wondering just what the heck did I accomplish, lol.  Well here is the previous view of the rug, so there was a tad more hooked like it or not, lol. 
Tomorrow is going to be a rainy day here so not sure if I'll continue to work on this or switch to the Woman on Horseback.  It really is a pain to switch over to other wool colors, but more than that is losing the mind's momentum on a rug.  Stay tuned to see what I decide and would love to see what each of your are working on.

Sorry many of my friends are having several inches of snow or rain/landslides.  Tomorrow there will be more rain here but thank goodness won't have worry about the landslides or earthquakes I experienced when living in northern California.  

Happy hooking.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at my critic comment of the floating leaves, lol... I wouldn't worry about the floating flower. Your floral rug is beautiful. I examined the flower below the blue one on the left, and in my humble opinion, I like the way you had started it before.
    I working on the remainder of the background on my Madonna of the Street. It's nice and sonny today so maybe, I'll take a photo of what has gotten done.

    I was thinking that it like watch a soap opera, we are always left with a cliff hanger as to what to expect from your next post, lol...

    Take care and enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you live in N Calif?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen, you are a No-Reply blogger so cannot email you personally. So if you don't look thru the comments again you won't see this either. I lived in San Ramon, CA

      Delete
  3. I think it is looking great! (And, yes, you did get quite a bit accomplished.) The only thing I might be tempted to tweak would be, as you say, the flower under the left blue one (BUT, I only truly scrutinized it AFTER you mentioned it....) I think, perhaps, it is too perfectly fat and round with not enough center detail? It kinda looks like a clock? Another cloudy day here but at least no snow...just some weird freezing fog type stuff. Weird as it was actually way too cold for fog. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors and hooking are wonderful we are our own worst critics. WE are in for more snow tomorrow night into Monday. It is good though our economy is so dependent on winter weather this time of year.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This rug reminds me of one my gramma had on her floor. I just recalled this while looking at it today. I like it, but me thinks the latest flower is a bit darker than the others, unless its my computer.. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the mat,,so much,,
    Love the antique look in this,,,
    Of course ,love the colors,,and UR background,,,
    Happy hooking,,,,
    Getting snow today,,,and tomorrow,,and next day,,,,haha,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may be struggling, but you are making progress!!! You will soon need to start planning what's next on your frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe as you continue those details that bother you now , will end up being ok ????
    Rain again for us tonight & tomorrow .....my Grand Kids need snow to play outside !!! Think we have only had 4 since December ! Just a weird Winter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.