Wednesday, January 11, 2023

WOMAN ON HORSEBACK

Didn't accomplish nearly as much on this as I'd hoped and won't accomplish more on it tonight or tomorrow; will explain further down.  Since Kimm (Sheep Underfeet) drew her pattern out before me she has probably gone gangbusters on hers.  I'll let her post accomplishments on her blog first and then will borrow steal her photo and post it on mine as well.  But Kimm gets first dibs on her progress.
As previously mentioned I drew mine out 18 x 18.5.  I used narrow cut worms for the face and #8 plus #8.5 for the blouse, cat and tree.  Decided to keep those color filled baggies of worms right where they were because they've been handy using for this piece.

This evening I want to start binding of Double Eagle rug since my DIL has an endoscopy tomorrow and will want something to keep me occupied.  It's a win win because I hate waiting and hate binding.  

As all my readers/followers know, I draw rug patterns and will draw whatever size you choose on which ever block floats your boat.  
Happy hooking.

Saundra


9 comments:

  1. Hey. Any progress is still progress!!!
    Good you will have a rug to bind while you wait, and wait and wait some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you have started hooking on your new rug. It's a good beginning. I love your striped cat in the tree. I'm looking forward to seeing Kimm's progress on her rug when she post it.

    Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't tell from the original quilt photo you posted if that was a cat or a squirrel...of course it's a cat! Your lady is looking lovely. What a beautiful color for her blouse. I hope your DIL's endoscopy goes well. Not something I want done again anytime soon. Happy binding.... ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Start!, YOUR using up lots of worms,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful already. I wish I felt I could accomplish one of those blocks there are some great ones to choose from. But I do not want to commit and then not finish.
    Sending good thoughts for your DIL test. May it all be ok.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours looks so nice !!! I might back out of this one ....I don't want to do those narrow cuts anymore ! I feel like the wool comes out of the foundation too easily . I have doubled the narrow cuts up , but I prefer hooking wider strips .... or is there a trick ????

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this rug pattern. You are doing such a really nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is looking good! I love the striped cat! How’d you get such detail? Whoot whoot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.