Sunday, January 8, 2023

Lucinda Ward's Reconciliation Quilt Hook-Along Post #2

During my homework pre hook-along for this subject I searched lots of on-line places hoping to find some hooked representation of the historic quilt.  Of course there is the pattern which is offered by Woolley Fox titled Lucinda's Quilt.  This one below was hooked by Joyce Rickenbach
Also found these individual blocks hooked by her as well.



Also discovered this creative adaptation which has an added image from someone's creative mind.  Have no idea who hooked it so if anyone reading my blog knows please let me know and I'll give credit.
Today I also luckily found better section photos of the quilt which might make copying easier.




My pattern has been enlarged...uh, twice, lol.  The first one was enlarged 225% which gave me a 16 x 16.5.  After looking at it overnight decided to enlarge it 250% which gives me an 18 x 18.5 pattern. 

Here is part of the rats nest I spoke of which unfortunately didn't get cleaned up today but I did get the pattern drawn on linen.  So tonight  I'll pull a few more loops and show you where I am on the 'forever floral' tomorrow.  BTW, you couldn't see the pile of loose worms on the sofa arm to the left nor the worms on the tv tray to the left but here is rather a contained rats nest.
      
Gee, it's a little past wine o'clock!!!!!  Happy hooking everyone.  🍷
 
Saundra



9 comments:

  1. You do great research!
    Joyce is a terrific hooker. Love her little mats.
    Not yet sure if I will play along...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing all of your latest hooking work! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Lauren mentioned, you are a terrific researcher. It's a time consuming job and you do it very well. I'm looking forward to seeing this new rug challenge.
    I see no mess in your neat storage plastic bags filled with wool worms. But everyone knows that worms never sit still. They move when you're not looking.
    I'll wait until your next post.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!,!!great research!,,!
    I love all the bags of worms,,,,So much inspiration,,,,,and great to use them up,,,,though I know we never do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learn so much by reading your posts. I have really loved those rugs for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few designs I really like ! I have to make a decision ! Thank you for the enlarged pictures !
    I wish I had lots & lots of worms like you ! I only cut my wool as I go , so I don't end up with lots of worms . When my Mother hooked , she cut up all her wool & then started to hook ! I can't wait that long & tend to choose colors as I go !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hooked version of the quilt in your first photo is quite impressive. And I think you have an incredibly neat rats´nest. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I missed this post. Wow, those are some good hooked pieces from Joyce. Inspiring . And I noticed she kept her backgrounds creamy and light. I’m debating that

    ReplyDelete
  9. The “Massa Ise Free” rug is hooked By Glenna Bailey. The pattern is an original design, from Black Sheep Wool Designs. The smaller rugs, hooked by Joyce, are from Black Sheep Wool Designs, also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.