Thursday, May 18, 2023

A BIT OF GOOD LUCK

I can now see the top of my ice cream parlor table but the clean up in the wool room isn't over yet.  Yesterday my sciatic nerve hurt so badly I couldn't work too long as the pain would shoot down the leg to my ankle when lifting the leg to climb on a footstool and to scale the steps up and down the stairs.  Hmm, that's not good luck, lol.

Have mentioned this before and this post is a perfect example of my thinking a glass half full rather than half empty.   I have bad sciatic nerve  pain but at least can see some progress in my wool room....

Also, on Monday I noticed the hot water heater had leaked water into the pan below ~ yeah, bad luck.  But luckily there was a pan underneath to collect that water.  The  bit of good luck is the warranty was for 6 years and I was just under that, so that saved me over $700!!  
Yes I still had the plumber to pay; did you know here they get $100/hr?  So that cost me $240 for parts and labor.  

Still don't have a pattern drawn for 'the next one' but at least I've been forced to start binding the 1911 Horse.  Guess that isn't such a bad thing to endure when there's no rug to hook...hmm another example of glass half full me thinks.

As I'm composing this post I'm awaiting the plumber (again) because I see droplets of water coming from a pvc pipe fitting above the tank.  Nothing much but want it addressed right away.  Just hoping this isn't the beginning of more shoes to drop ~ guess I just blew the concept that I'm a glass half full gal, lol.

Happy hooking, binding or whatever.

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. So will they pay for the parts. Yes all the trades can change big money not enough of them to go around. Looking forward to seeing your new project
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the plumber doesn't charge you for the recall. It's lucky you saw the leak early. here the power company owns the water heater and we pay a monthly fee for the water heater. When they fail, they come and either fix them or replace them. It's lucky for us because we lost several water heater in the flood. That's why our water heater is in the sunroom instead of the basement. We always had the water heater in the basement since 1978 with no flooding. Lately, we have had several devastating floods.

    Enjoy whipping your beautiful horse without hurting it. lol...Only a hooker would understand. A rug hooker, that is. lol...
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moi again. I forgot to mention... Sorry about your sciatic pain. It's a bummer... I hope that it will disappear quickly. I use a magic bag.
    I heat it in the microwave oven for 2 minutes and put it over the painful area and it helps. A magic bag is filled with oat and can be used over and over again. It can be put in the freezer and used as a cold pack. Heat seems to sooth the pain and increase the circulation in the sore area. You can fill a sock with rice or barley and it will do the same thing. Not sure how long to heat it, though.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a nice big heating pad I sit on at night and it helps my sciatic aches. Plus it just feels good ! LOL
    Hope your water heater doesn't have another issue ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your sciatic pain. Hopefully it will go away soon!
    We have not seen a Horse finish!!! Please share. Congrats on already starting the binding but I can't believe your next rug is not already on the frame.
    Not lucky your water heating was leaking, but lucky it wasn't just over the 6 year mark. The joys of home ownership ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had Sciatic pain up and down my leg once and it was no fun. No rug yet??? I actually drew one out on paper last week. Deciding on how big I want to enlarge it. Hope nothing else is wrong with your water heater, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! Things happen all at once!
    Hope u get sorted with ur siatic nerve,,, not nice,,
    I am slowly cleaning my messy room too,,, yikes!
    Elaine🏠🏠

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.