Monday, May 8, 2023

LOOK'N for the NEXT ONE

As I'm getting closer to the finish line with 1911 Horse it's time for me to get serious look'n for the next one to put on my frame.  My heart always skips a beat when I see this oldie.  Have been pondering a name for it IF I choose to hook it.
Another being auditioned is this simple flower with scrolls too.
Sheesh, so far the ones which seem simple and interesting are florals.  
Rooster, Berries and Hearts hooked in the 1800's piques my interest each time I see it.  But will it be 'the one'?
I've also loved the sweet hen and chicks.
Or I could finally start this geometric using up some of the selvage edges I've been saving.  That one could be put to the side to be worked on when getting bored with something else.
You know I'm getting desperate when I also think about this big snowflake-ish flower design.   It was said to be hooked 1900.
This one below is quite tidy and attractive.
This one is so-so. I stop to look at it closer each time scrolling thru the flash drive but doubt it will be 'the one' despite the great blue.
Antique star and diamond shaped border might be fun.  Or would all that background get boring?
The Shelbourne Flower basket is on the list but boy will it be a challenge to get a descent line drawing from it.  Could lose my patience before getting the lines drawn.
Appears someone is tackling the Shelbourne flower basket and think I found it on Pinterest.  Thought I'd show you a more eye appealing photo of that design.

So I'm looking for prospects today, but am wondering if my picks would be different in a day or two?  Must admit my immediate attractions are to the horse and deer rugs but am not even putting them in the line up since I'm working on one.  

Oh my, what's a rug hooker to do when she's between a hook and a hard place?  Happy hooking.

Saundra




8 comments:

  1. The rooster and the chicken would be my choice as the others are not making my heart sing.

    I'm anxiously waiting to see what you'll put on your frame once the horse is done.

    It's been sunny but cold and windy today but I did managed a little bit of gardening work.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh,,, alot of interesting ones,,,
    Love the first one too,,,
    Elaine🏡🏡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the first one...and the tidy one....third choice would be hen and chicks. I think Cathy did a similar adaptation of that one...or something like it...if memory serves me. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for the first one. I like them all but the first one is my favorite
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually love the snowflake one but I’d substitute a chicken for the middle flake. Or maybe a dog. So many choices out there! I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow , these are All so pretty , but the Hen & Chicks speaks to me ....and the Shelbourne Basket ....baskets get me every time !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rug with the hen and chick on its back!!!! ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I don’t know why it published me as anonymous above, I’m signed in! But in case you didn’t know who, it’s me Lori from Notforgotten Farm lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.