Friday, May 12, 2023

STILL PULLING LOOPS

Wish it was a finish photo for you, sorry to disappoint as there are still more loops to pull.  But it is getting closer to being done.  Okay, a confession ~ the problem is I stop hooking to pay close attention to two TV shows on the HISTORY channel.  I've mentioned them before:  The Curse of Oak Island, and The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.  I'm  mesmerized by the information obtained with testing on the ranch which indicates a portal and space ship underground.  

The major scientist is Travis Taylor with other people and companies joining in with their knowledge and equipment.  Also there is some unseen force which causes equipment to malfunction, in most, if not all, tests.  So what is that force?  Is it magnetic, alien interaction?  Sound unbelievable you think?  Watch the latest two episodes on Skinwalker and see for yourself.

Okay, you want to read about hooking, right?  I have done a couple line drawings on paper in anticipation of my next project but haven't enlarged any design nor have I drawn anything out yet.  But I'll need to choose soon.
I do love antique rugs and enjoy trying to replicate them.  Look at the primitive scrolls, some are delicate and the one at the bottom right is bigger.  Yes, that is the way the original was and that is what makes antique rugs so special ~ the wonkiness and imperfect design.  

When I draw an antique adaptation for myself or to sell, I draw that imperfection.  The exterior lines ARE drawn on the straight of grain but what is drawn inside will be a little wonky like the original antique.  The border line inside won't be straight unless the original antique was.  All those crooked lines and color changes helps create that old look.  To me, hooking an antique adaptation is like putting together a puzzle and don't want mine to look like it was manufactured by a machine.

Guess I'd better get on with my day, hope you have a good one, and happy hooking.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. You are so close...and it is, of course, WONDERFUL!
    Looking forward to what's next ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost done !!! I love the touch of the pale blue ....your rugs really look like antiques , they are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! So love the imperfections! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to only master wonky when wonky isn't cool. You really are closing in on a finish and it is looking great. What's next? What's next? Easier for me to ask you than me to ask myself. I finished up the stitching on that little sampler and now am at the Indecisive Place. I know I need to start some binding but it's too late in the day for me to mess with joining the wool segments, cutting down the binding, etc. It was a difficult day and I need something easy...but I don't see any easy jumping up and down right now. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra, I feel like I've been missing in action. I've been so busy digging and planting.

    You are on the home stretch and it's looking great. I know your next project will be something that calls your name.

    Sorry, I haven't seen any of the shows you mentioned as I seldom sit to watch TV.
    I'll watch the news when we sit down to eat but they repeat over and over the same thing and it's all bad news anyway. If it was up to me, the TV would go the way of the dinosaurs. lol... I get the news on the computer and it's bad there too.

    Enjoy the weekend. The week as gone in a flash.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost there !!
    Looking great,,,
    Have good weekend,,,
    Elaine😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watch Skinwalker Ranch!!! And I looooove it lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. That comment above was made by me again, Lori lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.