Monday, May 29, 2023

OFF THE FRAME

Am wondering if it will stay off the frame as I'm a little frustrated with the wool colors right now.  Could be the frustration is just a runoff of the days of frustration with technology.  More on that at the end of this post.

When working on antique adaptations usually there is both a photo of the original saved on my iPad but also printed paper copy to keep by my side.  My printer doesn't print true color as I see on the iPad.  After using the paper copy when it came time to hook that point ran upstairs to look for a lighter color similar to that on the paper copy.  But it looks out of place.  This is what has been hooked so far and you can see that yellow in the point to the right looks out of place.  
If I continue with the yellow this is how it would look
.  If I keep that I'll need to change color in the central flower to match the border.
If I pull out the yellow and go with the tan this is how it would appear.  So I'm at a crossroads....yellow or tan?  Think I'll take the afternoon off from hooking and bind more on the Horse rug.
In case you're wondering, this is the original antique for you to check out the colors so you can decide.  You'll see why I'm in a quandary.  However I will NOT buy more wool nor will I pull out dye pots, will make do with what I have.  Yet I'm leaning toward the softer duller color of the tan vs. the bright of yellow....what say you?
If I didn't have that rug to bind I'd probably be drawing out a small plus one.

OH, the technology frustration....my old Outlook mail server was expired so had to buy another, which ended up being Microsoft 365 Outlook.  Supposedly a more current version of Outlook.  Seems 365 shows constant ads and when I click on the "go ad free" link Microsoft indicates it will be $1.99 per month.  WTF?  If they can provide an ad free email why in the hell don't they just do that??  Am not biting and will probably be reduced to just use my Comcast site for email and screw Microsoft. If any of you out there has Microsoft 365 (which includes Outlook, One Note, etc.) do you receive ads on the side as well as the in box?
 
That wasn't the only issue with 365 ~ my contacts from the old version of Outlook did not sync into the new version tho I tried.  Which means it could be I've lost some of the email address of you who previously contacted me.  If you want me to put your email address in my xfinity contacts please E-MAIL ME so I'll have your address.

ALSO while I am able to send emails from the new 365 Outlook I cannot receive emails.  I HATE technology and don't know how to rectify the situation since I'm technically challenged.

Happy hooking, or in my case happy binding, lol.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. I like the tan but maybe a tea stain would do the trick with the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am clueless when ui comes to technology. I say go with tan. Good luck with both quanrdys. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely tan for me too. The yellow looks out of place as you said. Yes, maybe a coffee stain.

    You're having technology problems and I have problem with accessing our Canada Revenue Agency CRA for short as they have stepped up security. I need to be a share holder into the company to access the account. I'm not a share holder so I'm not allowed to access the account. I will be able to access the account with power of attorney so I need to have an appointment with our corporate lawyer to be able to access the account.

    Our accountant had the permission to access our account for us but since November, they are no longer allowed to do that. Everything is getting more and more difficult. It affects a lot of people.

    It's good to have a hard copy of emails in case you loose your list.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're not dyeing wool, I'd definitely then go with the tan. Cut off comments now and you're unanimous LOL. Re your techie challenges I have no solutions. I never use Outlook (although I have it). I use aol and gmail...both are free of charge and ad free. (Well, aol has some ads that pop up on the sidebar from time to time I think? But I have completely tuned them out so don't even notice them. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another vote for tan ;-)
    When my ISP updated to the new and improved version and another company took it over, I lost all my contacts. Pi**ed my off. I, too, have a love/hate relationship with technology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the tan better. I do not like the lighter bluish green in the border. Change that out first, then maybe the yellow will be okay. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tan here too,,
    Feel bad for you,, I am clueless,,,,
    Hope things improve,,,
    Elaine😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.