Wednesday, May 31, 2023

OLD RUG SHOW

Probably my favorite thing to do other than hook is looking at vintage rugs.  And I've collected a few more since my last post.  Cannot remember where I found this early hooked rug with two cabins, apple tree and dog but it is sweet.  No dimensions or date were provided either.
A lovely simple floral basket without date or dimensions I've had on my flash drive since 2022.  I sometimes hold rugs for a while in the event it shows up again with more info.
A recent find is a folk art farm rug dated around 1930.  It measures 36 x 36.
A close up of the whale weathervane.
No date provided but this landscape below is a smallish 12 x 18.  It is  hooked but looks like a water color painting.  If it isn't an antique and someone knows who hooked it please let me know, it is wonderful.
Another recent find is the folk art collage that includes hooking, stitching and applique.  No date or dimensions were provided.
Here is a closer view.
Cats dated between 1868 -1933.
Dog rug with 4 cats measuring 39 x 45 circa 1870.
A close up of top right corner.
I never heard of an Eider duck before and when I googled for info learned they are in the northern coastline regions.  Was hooked early 20th century and measures 20 x 36.

Hen and Rooster hooked early 20th century, 27 x 36.
Below is a closeup view of the back and you can see the plaid textile used to hook the top part of the background.  Am surprised it is in such good shape since the burlap is so loosely woven, old and probably brittle.
Another Nancy Gertrude Scott rug named Home Sweet Home.  It measures 29 x 46.
That's todays rug show.  And in old news, am still having email issues with Outlook.  BUT, I was in contact with the company from whom the software was purchased and they have been trying to help me.  They even sent me the product key for a newer version which didn't work either. 

In new news, I now have my contacts, can send and receive emails in a format which I'm familiar with.  Thanks for the help of the company and their patience with me my new version of Outlook is working.  Happy camper I am!!!

UPDATE:  well that happy dance was short lived.  Went thru all steps, showed it was saved, sent messages from it and then it stopped working and couldn't even find it in computer apps list.  Just can't deal with that crap again today so will hook and deal with the S#!t tomorrow.

NEWER UPDATE:  Yesterday afternoon I did a search for a newer driver for Outlook 2019 on WIN10, ran a Microsoft update then restarted the computer.  After that Outlook seemed to work fine but wanted to wait and see how it was today.  Am happy to say Outlook seems to be working perfectly.  Hope it stays that way.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. That white cottage landscape one is interesting. Yeah we got a new computer at the store a few years ago and I hate the microsoft version on that one. They always make you upgrade. Why cant they just leave us alone and let us decide on our own if we want it or not. UGH Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the rug show Saundra. I'm just taking a wee break from the heat to check what you've been up to.

    I like several of those rugs, especially the landscape ones.I'm interested in the one that looks like. a water color and the first rug.

    Take care and don't forget tot urn that calendar page again. Where has May gone to?
    Hugs,
    Julia

    I'm glad that you have resolved the outlook email issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the second one - it reminds me of stained glass for some reason - and I love the animals on the folk art one. The hooker was quite an artist! What? Never heard of eiderdown???? It the best down out there.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find the best antique rugs !!! Love the first three , but they all have something really neat that I like too .
    Darn computer issues ....hope you can get things resolved !!! PITA !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no size on that farm rug? I just love that rug I said no more rug patterns for me but Ugg I just love it. I aways look forward to your rug shows. Sorry you are still having issues with your email. I will tell you I have a new computer that I can not get up and going I am sure it is one thing I am waiting until I can take it to my son in law to figure out.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,,,,Those mats are amazing,,,love most of them,,
    Sorry about UR techie issues,,,!!!grrrr,,,,very frustrating,,,,!!!
    Keep cool,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Folk Art Farm is a fun rug. Nothing I would eve want to hook but still fun.
    It sounds like you are quite the tech guru!!! I would have given up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that the cow has its tongue out 😂. You always find such great samples. Tried leaving a comment on another post but it wouldn’t let me. Maybe our internets are related 🥴

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.