Thursday, May 4, 2023

Ya Just Never Know...

This blog was started as a venue for beginner rug hookers to connect remotely and hopefully glean some knowledge from a seasoned rug hooker.  When my rug hooking journey began I wasn't aware of any resources, at first; so wanted to provide info to others.  But then my blog became a group of friends whose names I'd see pop up in comments, questions and those who became 'followers'.  

While most of my blog posts are about rug hooking on occasion there would be a post about personal experiences.  I'd provide links and labels which end up on the www for people to search.  So ya never know what those labels will reward you with.

I received an email from Carol Pollio (Intuitive Investigations).  Turns out in one of her web searches on Patty Cannon one of my old posts came up which interested her and therefore contacted me.  You can read that old blog post HERE.

Check out Carol's Certifications and Qualifications under the 'more' tab of her web site.
Among other things, Carol is a volunteer with the Georgetown Historical Society (my hometown) and has been given the task.  She is to find the location of Patty's skull so a replica may be made for the Old Courthouse Museum.  The books shown above have an image of a skull but is that hers?  And where is it now?

In the 1800's Patty Cannon was a notorious violent woman and was in the Georgetown jail when she poisoned herself.  The skull was stored, loaned out, handled and moved by many so present location is unclear.  Yeah, I know gruesome, right?  But this is history albeit macabre and an item the Smithsonian and other museums would want for Delaware history.

During our communications I told Carol about the orbs I've captured at Cape May and the scent when repairing rescued hooked items from the thrift shop.  If you don't recall reading that blog post you can find it HERE.  

She stated while doing a public investigation the entire group smelled a floral perfume and in another investigation smelled a specific tobacco scent of a crossed-over loved one.  In case you haven't figured it out, she is a paranormal investigator, works on historic sites and is a retired Chief Scientist from the National Park Service.  Carol has invited me to tag along in any of her investigations.  Dang, that would be so much fun as you followers know how I love posting orb photos.  Just wish I was younger and went out at night as I believe that is when most paranormal investigations are more active.

Check out her web site, check her credentials, of which she has many.

Guess it is t ime for me to pull a few more loops on my horse rug.   Happy hooking everyone.

Saundra






6 comments:

  1. oh very interesting! Smells here are often both of our mothers smoked and often we will smell cigarette smoke. Not sure which one it is maybe both.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wouldn't be able to resist an invitation like that! I don't care to drive at night either, but heck....it'd be so worth it!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting , but I think I would get freaked out ....in our first house our bedroom was downstairs , we could hear footsteps go across the floor upstairs , when we moved our son up there , he told us years later an Owl would talk to him thru the window ....I still shiver to think of that !!! We moved from there a few years later ...Phew !!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting post. Too bad you couldn't get the history of who owned these rugs. One good reason to label our rugs. At least the smell of roses was comforting. I think that she was pleased that you lovingly repaired her rug.

    It's cold, damp and a bit windy today so I worked at spring cleaning at my son's house instead of in the yard today.
    Take care, hugs. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool if you can go out with her on investigations! I loved it when the paranormal folks came to our antique store one night. Keep is posted if you do. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to put on your big girl panties and go out with Carol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.