Sunday, May 21, 2023

LOOKED and FOUND

That's right, I looked for the next one and found it.   Am sure you will recognize which antique rug it is from the post by clicking HERE
The bottom of the Snapdragon frame shows the yoke (ball harness) which prevents the frame from dropping straight down.  The frame came with the regular yoke we're all familiar with but I became frustrated when the frame would suddenly just drop unless the bolt was real tight.  So I contacted the woman from whom I purchased it and she said they had other folks complain and her husband developed this new style.  It works fine and am happy.  Unfortunately I don't see it on the web site for Snapdragon Frames replacement parts but perhaps you could inquire if interested.

As promised, here is a photo of the ice cream parlor table and chairs as I've dug it out from under the heaps of wool.   Guess those are plywood seats but the table top is marble.  
The vintage hooked chair pads I found at a thrift shop years ago.  There is one more chair but is at the vanity in the guest bath.   To the left is a quilt rack holding odd sizes of linen which have already been serged.  When I need/want to draw a small pattern I look there first.  There's another quilt rack which holds larger pieces of linen so when an order comes in that's the first place I look.  Lately I've been drawing my patterns larger than normal so go there to shop for me.
I've made headway in cleaning up the room but there's still more to do.  It just seems so overwhelming and regret letting it get to that state.  Sadly I can't promise it won't ever happen again 😞

Happy hooking.

Saundra
 

9 comments:

  1. Aww, quit teasing. I do not recognize that pattern on your frame. Does it use up worms,?? My frame is OLD. Like 2000 old. I got it from Larry Ault way back when. It's been a good little frame, but now thinking to upgrade to a snapdragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a large rug. You teased us with the next pattern but at least, you gave us a hint.

    It's quite a production you have in your rug studio. Always ready for action when you get an order. Your two quilt frames comes in handy.

    I finished whipping and binding my Madonna of the Street. She's done...
    Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You chose my favorite one!! This is going to be all kinds of good! Sweet little table and chair set. It's unusual to have a complete set like that. I have one really old all wood (bentwood??) ice cream chair I use at the library table downstairs. Don't quite remember how it ended up there, but it works, so it stays. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have no idea what pattern you are going to hook , but Robin knows !!! LOL
    Your ice cream set is so cute & pretty old hooked chair pads , but you could make even nicer ones !!!
    What a good use for an old quilt stand to put your patterns on !
    Look forward to see what you are hooking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Rolls Royce of frames! Nice! I love that bistro set too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new pattern you chose! You have a sweet soda tale and chairs! Even sweeter with the vintage chair mats. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of these days I need to get a floor frame for my Snapdragon. Can you believe I have never used a floor frame? I bought a frame and stand once and hated the frame so have not tried another.
    No matter how hard one tries, I think it impossible to keep a hooking room clean and organized!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah,,, love that mat,,,
    A big one!
    My hooking room ,, has become so bad,,, but its upstairs and away fromdown stairs, ,,, out of sight , out of mind,,,
    Ready to spring clean , but getting older and things take t
    Longer,,,, elaine💓💟🏠

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet set. My rug room has piles right now is better than it was but it is still piles. Looking forward to see how you do this rug.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.