Tuesday, May 2, 2023

HODGEPODGE POST

Otherwise known as a group of diverse topics...  or something like that.    Will start off showing you my 'lake back water view' property after several days of rain.  That woods you are looking thru to the farm behind me used to be thick with trees and other brush so you couldn't see the farm.  Sadly Gypsy Moths were responsible for a lot of the tree damage.
Since those big trees weren't there to absorb the rain water this is what happened.  Here's another view and that skim on top is floating pollen.
To the left of the property it goes on and you can see a tip of that tree stump to get an idea (bottom right).
There is more rain in the forecast for the next couple days but thankfully today it was dry enough for me to PUSH the mower and cut Ben's backyard.  The riding mower won't go thru the gate but am hoping my great neighbor can figure out a solution for me when he has time.

After cutting the backyard I started drawing a pattern Cottage and Apple Tree for someone.  Here is the one I hooked.
And this is the antique.  Oh but I adore that antique rug much more than mine....sigh. 
And soon I'll be needing to find my next project as the horse is getting closer to being finished.
Am hoping tonight I sleep better as last night my mind just wouldn't shut off. This is me as an adult thinking about life; can you imagine how our youth is struggling with their limited life skills?  Today most parents are coddling them so they aren't equipped with how to handle life decisions.  
OK, enough of that but am sure you know a little something about that too.       

Not sure what tomorrow will bring as weather but I have a pattern to finish so know what is on my tomorrow schedule.  Happy hooking.

Saundra


                  


8 comments:

  1. You do have a lot of water on your property.I'm glad the mosquitoes haven't found it yet. I haven't mowed my lawn yet and I bet I'll be huffing and puffing as I find that every years it's getting harder to push that lawn mower.

    Your horse rug is almost done and is looking great. I've lost count on how many rugs you hooked this year. Your cottage just needs a bit of fading and will look as antique as the original one.

    I sure hope it stops raining or you'll have to put some live fishes in your backyard lake.
    Hope you get a good sleep tonight.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally nailed that mat. And in 50 years it will have the nice patina of age. My “kids” are 29 and 32. I can’t speak to kids under 20 today, but I’ve found the millennials have very complex issues to face and do it head-on. Unfortunately they also seem to have more mental health issues too. Hope you get a better balance of rain and sun !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of water!! More rain and maybe snow todsy,, very cold for may,, but warming up by weekend,
    Thanks for link to George trembly mat,, interesting,,,
    Your horse is almost done,,🌞🌞
    Elaine😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that's a bit of water. Have you thought of perhaps hooking an ark?? Weather is still crap here...although today, for a brief moment, the sun showed itself (at least I think that's what it was) and the wind is somewhat normal. Talk about no sleep....I don't sleep well anyway as you know, but when it is windy, what little sleep I normally get is out the window as well. No lawn mowing in these parts yet. Anxiously waiting for my daffodils to bloom. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a bit ago this light appeared in the sky. I sure hope it's not the end of the world. We needed rain but I now cry uncle. My tiny yard sits high enough that I never have any standing water. Sadly by August we will be praying for rain.
    1911 Horse is WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a Pond again !!! What a dreary weather pattern we are in ....next week will be Summer Like !!! Need sun to dry things up .
    Your Horse looks great and your Cottage & Apple Tree are beautiful !!!
    Hope you can get a good night sleep ....I have been having trouble falling asleep too ....too many things I want to do , but need nice weather !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sorry you are flooded again. We have had so much rain and so much flooding but luckily we here at the house have been fine.
    still a couple more days and then we dry out thank goodness.
    I am ready to get out in the garden and also take a long walk.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed as I believe we are teaching our kids to be sissys. Hope your pond water dries up. Our yard is so spongy from the rain. Has rained every day now since Thursday. Loving all of your rugs. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.