Friday, May 19, 2023

RUG HOOKING CHIT CHAT

The last loops on 1911 Horse were pulled and out of necessity with no new rug to hook (yet) have started the binding process.
The rug will be bound using cotton rug binding tape as I don't want an extra row of any color at the edge.  I want the thin dark areas to show as they are since that is how the antique was.  

Below is a fun rug I found on an auction site in 2022.  The info was that it measures 17 x 19 and said to be hooked between 1920-1949.  Am finally posting it now because of an article in the latest ATHA  June/July issue of ATHA Magazine. 

In that issue there is another cat rug Amy hooked with Nola Heidbreder adapted from a famous St. Louis artist Charles Houska.  So perhaps this rug below is an adaptation of his work as well. 
If you received the latest issue of ATHA check out page 59.
This is a preview of the articles in the issue.
I enjoy this magazine as much if not more than RHM.  
If you'd like to subscribe and see what other folks in your area are doing you can subscribe to ATHA HERE.

Nancy asked how I hid my ends.  Actually I've done 3 different ways and intended to do those on a piece of linen to show you.  But decided to take the easy way and provide you with a video by Cindy Gay, enjoy.

Hook on folks.

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Your 1911 Horse turned out incredible Saundra!!! Woo hoo! But I am a bit dismayed. I do believe that this is the first time ever that you have not had another rug already waiting in the wings and opted for binding rather than a new start. LOL ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rug looks Beautiful !!!
    I Loved Cindy's video !!!! Thank you so much Saundra !!!! Much easier than the Big Ole Bumps , she even described !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your horse rug is beautiful for sure. I think this is the first time that you don't have another rug ready to go but I bet it won't be long before you have a teaser for us.

    I don't have an ATHA Rug Hooking Magazine and maybe I should subscribe to it as I love traditional rugs. I really love that stained glass floral rug. I've been toying with the idea of maybe hooking a stain glass rug but haven't done it yet.

    I enjoyed watching Cindy's tutorial. I learned something new. Thanks'
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got my magazine and read the article Pam Bartlett put in about star Island.
    You rug is wonderful as aways
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy was very interesting. TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ur horse mat,,,
    Have good weekend,,
    Elaine🏡🏡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love 1911 horse!
    I think the ATHA magazine is MUCH better than RHM. Right now RHM is not offering me a good renewal rate so I will let it expire. I refuse to pay, I think it is, $37.95, for the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.