Friday, June 23, 2023

BACK TO THE DYE POT

That lavender wool was returned back to the shelf and chose the wool below to over dye with the leftover brown mixtures instead.  Since there wasn't much dye left in either jar knew only a small amount of wool would be needed.  The wool to the left is 1/4 yard and even less for the one to the right.
The photo below shows the before on top and the after dyeing at the bottom.  I've more yardage and wonder why the heck I bought it.  Matter of fact when I look at my wool stash wonder why the heck I chose a lot of the wool on my shelves.  Perhaps now that it is an old (dirty) gold I'll be more likely to use it.
It was a clear but humid morning then after lunch it poured.  Weatherman said around 6 p.m. there will be a thunderstorm and more rain.

Here is miss Turtle taking a walkabout between showers.  Notice those two orbs at the bottom right?  
Soon I'll have to get serious about choosing another project as I'm getting close to the finish line with Scalloped Flowers.  Happy weekend and happy hooking.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at how dying the "ugly" looks so great after you dirty it up !!! It's so pretty now !
    Fun to see Mz Turtle wondering around ! And those Orbs might be protecting her ???
    Have a nice weekend hooking away !!! And choosing your next design !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are already close to finishing Scalloped Flowers.
    I, too, wonder why I purchased much of my wool, but if I need a piece of wool to give away always think I will one day use it. A viscous circle!
    Such a cute little turtle. I remember as a child them selling tiny turtles in all the pet departments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ugly wool came out really nice after the dye bath. Will yo be using this wool in the rug you're hooking now?

    I love seeing Miss Turtle updates. Her colors are quite bright so you can see her at a distance.

    It's been hot today but I made myself a small shade canopy so weeding in the sun was tolerable. *0% chance of showers and thunder and lightning tomorrow.

    Enjoy the weekend, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have purchased that wool on sale. It does not look like your colors at all. The dyed ones are spot on you. It rained all dat here...which we desperately needed. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice change on both of those pieces. I have the striped piece too. But I am using it in my quilt that I haven't worked on all week
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how your dyeing turned out...but no way would I mess with dye pots for that small amount of wool LOL. I actually think I used the wool on the right (not overdyed) for several chicks...and maybe some daisies? Your turtles are so pretty - kinda like little walking works of art. Still no rain here...still incredibly hot and humid. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get amazed with the over dying,,,
    Fun,,,
    Elaine😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.