Tuesday, June 13, 2023

BRIEF RUG CHANGE

Although Cape May rug camp is a few months away thought I'd start deciding which rugs to take for the show.  So looked at the list of rugs I'd hooked since last Cape May camp ~ I didn't go last year (2022) because there were no primitive teachers scheduled.  The rug list is rather long so can't take all of them; plus some I was not happy with, some are small and not worth showing ~  you get the idea.  

At the 2021 Cape May camp I had Bev Conway as my teacher so think I'll take the rug I hooked in class *Stacked Flowers, a design by Margaret Shaw.

Hooked in 2022 I won't be taking the Comstock adaptation which was a pattern drawn by someone else as I hated having to redraw sections to make it look more accurate then hook it.  Some of the rugs hooked which I'm considering taking:  *Blue Bowl of Flowers, *Deer and Blue House, *Double Eagles, all of which were antique adaptations.  As I drew those was happy with the accuracy of the line drawing.  And although it's small might take the monochromatic of *Mother With Fishbowl.  

So far in 2023 I've finished 4 rugs with one on my frame.  One of them  was not particularly enjoyable to hook.  So thought I'd give it a test run for a rug switch for a day two to reacquaint myself with it to see if we like each other.  Here is the Never Ending Floral.
The jury is still out on that one but what has made the cut is *Stars, Stars, Stars, and *1911 Horse which are both antique adaptations I drew.  Scalloped Flowers is still a work in progress and don't know what will be on my frame next.  But so far seems as tho there are definitely 6 rugs planned for the rug show early September in Cape May and a couple maybe's.

Saundra



4 comments:

  1. My vote is for Lady on Horseback...but am sure whatever ones you take will be show worthy. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many rugs to choose from!!!
    So happy there is a primitive teacher for you at Cape May this year . . . and I think you will enjoy Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you have a great list of rugs that you should bring with you at Cape May. You know how much fun it is to look at other people's rugs at these events. The more the merrier. Two months will be here before you know it and maybe you'll have one more rug to bring with you.

    It's drizzling again today but I must go plant some more.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt I would have that many to choose from if I were to consider all the rugs I've ever hooked. Yikes woman...you be one prolific hooker. I'm sure whatever you choose, they will be well-received. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.