Wednesday, June 21, 2023

WET, WINDY, WEDNESDAY

Try saying that three times fast!

Sadly the forecast seems to show rain thru next Tuesday.  When I awoke this morning plans were to use up some old remaining dye mixtures and among those remaining chose the oldest.  Had a small amount of light brown, even less of a mix of silver gray and seal brown also Indigo blue.  

Thought I'd add hot water to both brown mixtures and combine them to tone down something.  The indigo I hadn't decided on what to do.
Went to the wool room to choose something to tone down and quickly pulled small amounts of these gawd forsaken purples.  I only like certain colors of purple.

Took this photo then immediately changed my mind.  Not so sure the brown would provide successful final results with these colors ~ sure wouldn't make them look vintage and doubt the dyes would make them any prettier.  So aborted the whole idea.
Have yet another turtle tale to tell ya (another tongue twister ๐Ÿ˜Š).
Yesterday looking out my back window noticed a female turtle had found its way into the fenced in yard.  When my ex put up the fence for my departed boy Ben he made it so there were spaces at the bottom in random places around the perimeter of the back yard.   But the turtle doesn't have the skills the rabbits, squirrels and raccoons have to easily find an exit.  Sorta like the primitive fish baskets where the fish can swim in but can't find their way out.  It's actually two baskets and the fish swim in the small one.
Back to the turtle tale... I watched the turtle try poking her head thru the holes in the fence and move further and try again.   She was so close to the opening under the fence so picked her up and placed her in front of the fence.  Didn't take a photo unfortunately.

Nope, she moved away and came closer to the back corner near the house.  This time I went outside, opened the gate and hoped she'd know what to do next.  The square is the turtle making its way to the opening and the arrow points to where she was when I moved her in front of the gate but hadn't taken a photo nor had I opened the gate for her.
And here she is finally exiting.  Of course she would be welcome here but would limit her to survival in a smaller area, outside the fence she has acres to explore.  Had my camera on the wrong setting so you might have to stare to find her.
Finally getting that much needed rain but might end up being much more than we need if it lasts until next Tuesday.  Good thing I've lots of wool and a pattern to keep me occupied.

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Fun watching the Turtle find its way to a safe place !
    You might get rain for a week !! We could use a nice rainy day , we only have had showers that are hit or miss & mostly miss us , except when I have been out walking !!! Got soaked 2 days ago !!! And very damp yesterday ....but I got my walks in anyways !!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amusing alliteration and tricky tongue twisters MD.... Most projects I pick up have been aborted lately. Sigh. The turtles probably are loving the wet weather.... Still hot, sticky and very dry here.... That combined with the lingering smoke from the wildfires means anything outdoors is done quickly and begrudgingly. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm so now you still have to go dye some fabrics ๐Ÿค” You are sure a nice turtle tender ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be the turtle whisperer with them coming into your yard. Did like the tongue twister. I tried saying it out loud and Bob thought I was crazy. LOL We are still dry here. It might rain Friday or Saturday...hoping so. Darn I was hoping to see some dyed wool when you started this post. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had rain but some really nice weather in between it looks like the same weather for the next week but warmer with humidity ugg. You are the turtle whisper.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure are a caring turtle Momma. She might turn out to be a pet after a while.
    My rug has been sitting alone upstairs and just waits for me.
    Good luck with the dyeing. I love dyeing wool and I'm always amazed at the colors that comes up by mixing some old dye.

    We finally had sun today but it was so cold at 46.4 degree F. in the morning. It got hot quickly on the first day of summer.
    It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow so I'll be able to weed and plant some more. I'm still so behind in weeding.

    Take care,
    hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are certainly busy with turtles ,,, wow,,,,
    Heat here and haxy skys again,,, no rain,,,
    Elaine๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.