Thursday, June 15, 2023

JUST ANOTHER BORING UPDATE

Sorry if you are tired of seeing rug updates.  But this is the latest on Scalloped Flowers and while that white doesn't really bother me as it isn't "in in my face" think I'll still tone down parts when it is all hooked.    And frankly it is beginning to look almost too machine made to me vs. antique.  And you know I prefer that scrappy antique look.
Cut grass today after 3 whole weeks.  It was dry as heck but weatherman says we 'might' get rain tomorrow.  That remains to be seen.

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. I love seeing your up dates. We have had rain most days and it is called for all weekend.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about antique rugs but it looks beautiful and pleasant to my eyes.
    The background looks antique. I always like seeing your progress. It's a diversion from the more unpleasant news.

    I hope you get some rain. It's was drizzling today again. Not much sunshine.

    Take care, hugs.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're moving quite along. I think there are many antique rugs that are a bit more precise-looking...you, I think, are just in love with the scrappy old ones. We got about 1/4" of rain 2 (or was it 3?) days ago...that was it...although just 20 minutes away they got 3". But it has definitely cooled down. Dang...wearing sweats and having on the heat on in mid June just isn't right. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am liking this rug and all of its scallops. Don't look machine made to me. We actually had a few thunderstorms today. Much needed rain for us. Now the forecast is it will be dry for over a week again. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure looks great,,,
    Getting rain here off and on this week,, need more,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think your rug looks great ! It is pouring here now and will rain most of the day tomorrow ...we really need it too !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.