Monday, June 19, 2023

GUESS WHO I FOUND (edited)

While walking in the yard was surprised.  Surprised I even noticed this teenie weenie tiny turtle.  The turtle is the same color as the dirt around it.  Came inside to grab my camera and take a picture of the wee one.  Now when I walk outside I have my head on a swivel looking carefully for baby turtles so I don't step on any who maybe foraging.
And no, it didn't come from one of the two eggs buried earlier as I checked and the area was undisturbed.  

EDIT:  When I first looked at the turtle and it didn't have the pretty gold coloring wondered if it was a snapping turtle or was it  from the family of Eastern Box Turtles in my yard.  So did a google search and sadly didn't put the link in my original post since I thought it would be a given it was a pretty little thing and not a snapper.  So to see what I learned about newborn Eastern Box Turtles you can see the birth and see them them HERE.  When the video starts wait a couple seconds and click on "SKIP AD". 

Happy Hooking.

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Oh sweet! Good you spotted it before stepping on it 😧. Was thinking that would be pretty quick for the eggs 🥚
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow , a snapping turtle can actually be that small !!! Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have a little turtle heaven going on there. Sweet little one... I watch every step I take too, but for an entirely different reason. 🪱 ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sharp eye! It blends right in.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww..... arent they so cute?! our grden has been seeing them visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to see this wee turtle. We have the Easterns here. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.