Friday, June 2, 2023

TIME FOR A RUG CHANGE

Since winter is long gone thought I'd change the rug in front of the fireplace to have a different view when working on a rug.   This happens to be the same design Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) worked on at her last camp, which you can see at the end of her post.  
Oops, I see Santa peeking at me thru the wire basket on the right.  Perhaps the basket should be rotated a tad since there is over 6 months before he is to return.

The last couple days have been VERY hot and humid but a cold front is coming thru so tomorrow will be a more comfortable 73 degrees.  Maybe I'll go outside after breakfast to pull some weeds and thorny vines before weather changes to hot again.

Congratulations to Cathy (Acorn Hollow) on her retirement.  So guess we can look forward to many more posts and new rugs to show us.  But my guess is she will be a social butterfly flitting around doing and visiting all those places she dreamt of when she finally retired.  Happy Retirement Cathy, now every day will feel like a weekend.

Happy Friday and happy hooking.

Saundra





8 comments:

  1. You do have a lots of rugs. Please, turn that Santa around. I'm not ready for him yet. lol... I like that black birds and horse rug.

    It was hot here too yesterday. I worked outside and had to come in several time just to rest as the heat made me tired. I also worked outside today and what a difference in the temperature. It was actually comfortable but now it feels cold again. I hope the weather settles after the full moon so we can plant our tender vegetables. I have a whole deck full.

    Yes, Happy Retirement to Cathy of Acorn Hollow.

    Take care.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been hot, too, and desperately need rain with none in the 10 day forecast. Not good for June 2.
    I am so happy for Cathy but her managers sure treated her poorly. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to store rugs by your fireplace. Good choice for this time of year. I think we are in the same weather pattern like Lauren and we actually turned on the air tonight. Just too hot already. Yes, congrats to Cathy on her retirement. It was nice she stayed on a bit to train someone new. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to change a few🌻💖mats,,,,
    Going cooler here sunday and into next week,,,,!!yeah!!
    Bugs are so bad but there is some winds today,,may get out to weed also,,,Shall see,,,Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so kind thank you! Yes I will be off for a while but I will be back home before you know it.
    I like to change out rugs too for the season. You have a lot of lovely rugs to choose from. Yes, turn Santa we do not want to think about him for a few months.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that mat. And the intriguing peeks at the basket mats! We had 95 degree day followed by a 47 degree day. Soooo messed up

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize you had done that rug too...but now seeing it, I remember. I love it and your colors. Crazy hot and dry here too... I sticking close to the indoors for a bit...snakes are back and it takes a while for me to get used to the "company" each year. GAH! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is actually chilly here today ....we did get some rain yesterday for a little bit . What a change from a week ago !
    Congratulations to Cathy on her retirement !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.