Friday, February 18, 2022

HOP on a HOOK-ALONG

As the saying goes...."when one door closes another door opens".  Yes, I'm talking about another challenge/hook-along.  I have chosen Dancing Rabbits as the next pattern.  If you know any new rug hookers or want to mentor someone who wants to learn this would be a great beginner project.  Plus it is perfect for a spring design and Easter.  It is an antique rug most known as Dancing Rabbits and I've wanted to hook this for years.  

You could choose to draw just one rabbit if it is a new hooker, or for you if you just want one rabbit to make it a faster hook.  For those who want to do something outside the box you could even dress up the rabbits ~ if I were frilly hooker OR, if I had a granddaughter I'd even consider taking pink tulle and put tutu's on them.  

Maybe you might also want to draw one as Peter Rabbit or do the more primitive.  You know me, I'll be doing a drab antique adaptation as mine but cannot wait to see what each of you do and hope you will share with me.  

You can draw it any size and start whenever you want.  There is no deadline and I will post updates anytime you want to send me a photo.  This will be the final hook-along/challenge this year that I will host.

Will give you some ideas with photos others have hooked, but first will show you a black and white version to make the drawing a pattern easier.
Here are many other wonderful adaptations, the one below was hooked by Arlene.
Another version by Judy Foster.
The one below was hooked by Carole.
Unfortunately I don't have a name to provide for the hooked rug below, if anyone knows let me know and I'll give credit.
Friend Pam Gunn hooked the version below.
Below is a version hooked by Tanya which I found on Susan  Feller's blog.
These next two rugs were found on an old blog post of friend Lauren and I have no name for either rug.

Below is a rug which was featured in an issue of rug hooking magazine.
Below is an antique with hit and miss background where the rabbits are almost camouflaged.  
And of course a delightfully worn antique.
Another version hooked by Diane which she named Rogue Rabbits.
And here is Lauren's, which I did not realize until today, that she has already hooked it.  So will she or won't she be joining us on this hook-along?  Sorry Lauren, perhaps I should have involved you in the decision on a subject.
Okay folks, you have seen several ideas presented here.  So now you have lots of ideas to choose from.  So who wants to play along with the hook-along?  As mentioned you may draw your pattern but if you don't know how or have your own foundation, you can purchase a pattern from me by clicking the link below my and and scrolling down to the bottom.

Saundra

31 comments:

  1. I will join this project !!! So many things to think about though ...do I make 5 Bunnies & do one for each Grand Child ? Think that would be cute , but also like the primitive look .....and what colors to use ????? This will be Fun !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly I have hooked this design. My grand has it on her room.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about doing this one several times now....most recently last year when I saw GT's. I have so many proverbial irons in the proverbial fire ... and so many spring rugs, that I think I will need to pass. (Not to mention my slowness in hooking LOL). But, as usual, I will have the best of times folling along with everyone else's journeys. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, rabbits do multiply fast, lol.
    I won't be joining the hook along but I'll certainly be happily following this exciting new project and will cheering the participants to the finish.

    I hope no more branches have fallen from your trees. It was windy today but the wind has died down.

    Stay well and happy.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely delightful - love it and can hardly wait to see them. Being set back last month, I am just now catching up. Will see how this project goes and maybe be able to join in a future hook-along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wanted to hook this for years!! so of course I will be joining. It looks like fun and I love rabbit rugs. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do we order the pattern from Betsy or from you? I am strongly considering hooking this one. Have always loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I am unable to respond to you because you are a no-reply blogger. Contact me thru the EMAIL ME spot on my blog.

      Delete
  9. Where do I purchase the pattern? I had a feeling you were going to choose this design when I figured about the bunny theme. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like fun... count me it! Do I use the first photo as a pattern for me to enlarge and trace?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to do this one! Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R, I am unable to respond to you because you are a no-reply blogger and does not provide an email address for you. Contact me thru the EMAIL ME spot on my blog.

      Delete
  12. Me! Me! You had me at "Granddaughter!" Absolutely LOVE the black and white one but the tutu idea is a fun suggestion too. But when is the deadline for completion, how do I get the pattern, etc....will send you an email today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Joan, I am unable to respond to you because you are a no-reply blogger and does not provide an email address for you. Contact me thru the EMAIL ME spot on my blog.

      Delete
  14. I have needle punched dancing rabbits and will now join the hooked challenge !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I am unable to respond to you because you are a no-reply blogger and does not provide an email address for you. Contact me thru the EMAIL ME spot on my blog.

      Delete
  15. I would love to do this one.I have never participated in a hook a long- do I have to buy the pattern? I would love to turn it into a Watership Down version. Maybe pick 3 characters and place meaningful references into the background or as a border.. will have to reference the book and watch the movie for ideas. I would use mostly my handspun but add in some cloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am unable to respond to you because you are a no-reply blogger and does not provide an email address for you. Contact me thru the EMAIL ME spot on my blog.

      Delete
    2. Who do we buy the pattern from?

      Delete
    3. I am unable to respond to you because you are a no-reply blogger and does not provide an email address for you. Contact me thru the EMAIL ME spot on my blog.

      Delete
  16. Oooooo, I want to join! However, I will be doing the Dancing Rabbits in Punch Needle with the Ultra Punch. It will be awesome to see all the different color & texture variations everyone chooses! Such a good choice, Saundra & Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!!the responds are amazing,,,
    Funny!!!I have hooked this twice years ago,,,and don't have either,,,I may be able to find old🗻🌎pics,,,,and if I do will send u,,,My friend ,,years ago when we🌐started hooking found this mat in her friends home!!we both loved it,,,in fact, I think my friend may still have her mat,,,it was her first,,!!
    So must of been 1996 or 1997,,,,!!
    I think I will pass or maybe just do one,,,of the bunny's,,,I have so so many to finish,,!!!
    I remember I did the last one in all plaids for the bunnies,,,,,Was so fun!!
    It will be fun to follow along,,,,
    Will look for the photos!!!
    Elaine🏡🏘

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’ve never done an online rug challenge but have always loved this pattern so count me in. My mind is already thinking of colors and possibilities…
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, I am unable to respond to you because you are a no-reply blogger and does not provide an email address for you. Contact me thru the EMAIL ME spot on my blog.

      Delete
  19. Darn! I am so sorry I have already hooked this rug and probably won't hook along with all of you. I hope I won't have too many regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How can I order this bunny pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.