Friday, July 1, 2016

A Look at Ned

Decided to pull Ned (a design by Woolley Fox) off the frame to see if I am happy with the wool choices made thus far.  The butterfly was hooked and wasn't confident in the grey/blue stripe for the center at first but the next morning decided I was happy.  
The wool for the butterfly outline and the flower outline are from one piece of wool that generous Barb sent me in a 'get well' card last October.  So it seemed only fitting as I'm trying to channel Barb and the inner child that I use that wool.  And even more so since it is a purple; purple with a little poison.
The more green section is what was used to outline the butterfly and was a section of that same strip used to outline Ned's eye.  For the outline of the flower  used the more purple section of the plaid. Happy to have a little more left to use somewhere else in the rug along the border.

Must admit that I'm approaching this rug far differently than others I've hooked on my own. Fact is, just using that green and purple wool was like fun and freedom to experiment.  Am sorry but do not know if it was Betsy or Rebecca who offered that wool quite some time ago.  

Hope you have a fun filled and safe holiday weekend.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. Giddy Up Ned. Looking good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fun colors and I do enjoy having a wool with multiple colors that you can bring in, in different areas.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it,,, looking great,,,, batbs ideas,, love them,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Ned he is looking great.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    I clicked on the photo to get a closer look......love it!!! I know you are enjoying NED and that is truly what rug hooking is supposed to be about.....JOY!!!
    Happy Hooking, my friend! Enjoy the 4th!!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have learned well from Barb. Lookin' good!
    Happy 4th to you.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a challenging piece of wool. Good use of it!! Like the different left front hoof, too. Makes you take a second look. Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.