Friday, June 24, 2022

Back To The Cottage (edited)

Just like leaving for a vacation to get away from everything, that is how it feels to work on Cottage and Apple Tree.  The previous rug projects are behind me and hysterical news media off the TV.  

I'd hoped to have the cottage its self hooked before showing it, but you know how that goes...best laid plans and all that.  Also think the original antique had a darker gold color just under the bird.  And I happen to have some but will compare and decide later.

EDIT:  Dear Robin asked me what cut I'm using so perhaps others are wondering.  I’m using mostly #8.5 with some #8 but the narrow white lines are thin strips I inherited so using those up.  At first I considered not outlining but think by doing so it dates it.  
Hmmm, just looked and not only that gold but the colors in the bird are darker.  Oh well, oh hell, I just have to 'make do' as my previous designed and hooked rug suggests.....
I'm anxiously awaiting friend Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) returning from a rug camp with Sally Kallin.  It does take time to get back to normal after a rug camp but looking forward to 'reading all about it'.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a no stress vacation. The rug is looking good. I was wondering if it's the sun above the bird as I see something like another sun on the upper right?

    I'm looking forward to reading about Lauren's post too, the lucky girl. I pulled some loops today in between weeding and rain. The ground is so wet. 😢

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your colors !!!
    Sally Kallin uses such beautiful colors .....had to be a great class !

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...now I know what Sissie meant about "nothing like feeling the pressure of posting".... She should not rest until she does. 😹 Your cottage and apple tree are coming along swimmingly. There is quite a bit of detail in this one...are you using a finer cut?? Inquiring minds want to know. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice place to go visit. That is going to be a nice rug with that apple tree.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you are making great progress...and don't tell me otherwise.
    Hopefully tomorrow I can do a post. Just not enough hours in the day...sigh ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this mat so much!!!love the cottage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make great progress! It all looks wonderful! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.